Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flak Vest

• 5 Replies
Flak Vest
« on: Aug 29, 2021, 11:23 PM »
Hi All .
I am having a friend make me a flak vest. When she did the shoulder bell area to me it was really stubby or short. How much material or length do you need to attach shoulder bells?  The area coming right off the shoulder looks to be about 2 inches long.  I’m using  OT Boba Fett style shoulder bells.

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
Re: Flak Vest
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Su cuy'gar!

So there is no set length for the sleeves on the vest.  Your vest is not even required to have any sleeves ( I asked when I was making mine.  ;) )  Given that, they can be a short or long as you need them to be to feel secure in your attachment.  Traditional Boba Fett has short ones.  Jango has ones that are longer then his shoulder armor. If you feel confident mounting your armor on the two inches then your good to go. 

Have fun building   ;D

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons [url=https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2021, 09:58 PM »
Vercopaanir is correct. There is no minimum limit on the vest sleeve length. My vest has no sleeves at all, for instance.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2021, 11:34 AM »

Thanks for responding. And appreciate the input. I was just concerned about the shoulder bell itself flipping or not staying in position  with movement.

Su cuy'gar!

So there is no set length for the sleeves on the vest.  Your vest is not even required to have any sleeves ( I asked when I was making mine.  ;) )  Given that, they can be a short or long as you need them to be to feel secure in your attachment.  Traditional Boba Fett has short ones.  Jango has ones that are longer then his shoulder armor. If you feel confident mounting your armor on the two inches then your good to go. 

Have fun building   ;D

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2021, 02:10 PM »
I was just concerned about the shoulder bell itself flipping or not staying in position  with movement.

That can easily be avoided by anchoring the outer edges of the armor to the cap sleeve.  You can do this with snaps magnets or even velcro if your comfortable with that.  The blue circles are where I would recommend adding the attachments to prevent it from flipping.  If you have enough sleeve you can also secure it at about the arrow also for the same effect.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons [url=https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2021, 08:47 PM »
That can easily be avoided by anchoring the outer edges of the armor to the cap sleeve.  You can do this with snaps magnets or even velcro if your comfortable with that.  The blue circles are where I would recommend adding the attachments to prevent it from flipping.  If you have enough sleeve you can also secure it at about the arrow also for the same effect.

Thanks again for the added info. I’m doing a custom Mando  but shoulder armor is the same so this is perfect !

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!