Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts WIP (Pic Heavy)

• 2 Replies
Soft Parts WIP (Pic Heavy)
« on: Sep 30, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Hey yíall!
I wanted to update on what Iíve been working on, and get some feedback to see if Iím on the right track.
The main body has had its necessary pockets deleted, and the pant legs have been hemmed to my size.

I may switch out the undershirt later for a black one, but as of now this is what I have to work with.

My sewing machine is busted, so my flak vest was made entirely by hand. Made from my pair of old karate pants (extra sturdy stuff), it secures with Velcro, and Iím honestly really happy with how the stitching turned out. I think it gives it a nice vibe  :laugh:

I also found these really cool boots that Iíd like to use for this kit!

Hereís everything put together, and Iím really surprised by how well it fits!

Weathering will be next, but I want to see where my armor pieces will protect the fabric first.
Iím super happy with how it all fits (especially because of the sewing machine situation), and I look forward to building the rest of my kit!

Bold of you to enter melee range.
Re: Soft Parts WIP (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2021, 01:03 PM »
Hand-sewing like a boss - strong work, vod. 
The monochrome soft kit palette will work with almost any paint scheme on your armor so design freedom will not be limited. The detailing at the flak vest hem is a nice touch - it adds a layer of personality to the kit without being over the top or distracting. 

Those boots are a really good find and should work great.

Aside from a bit of tailoring on the flight suit your foundation looks solid to me.

Re: Soft Parts WIP (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Seriously quality work!
The vest is frigging amazing!
Might possibly ask QA about the jumpsuit fit because the legs seem a little baggy but might be ok.
(Requirements just says a snug fit to the body)

"I have nothing, I am able to do everything."
"Ni ganar naas, ni liser narir an."
nee gah-nar nahs, nee LEE-sair nah-REER ahn

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!