Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest/Belt Questions

• 1 Replies

RC-3141

• Probably putting off post-processing my 3D prints
Vest/Belt Questions
« on: Oct 03, 2021, 06:00 PM »
I'll be posting updates on my Soft Goods WIP thread when I get around to it (hopefully before the end of the month) but I had a few specific questions about my soft goods setup that I wanted to get out there:
As a preface:I have about 10 yards of gray duck cloth because I figured I would find some use for it beyond this kitMy soft goods are pretty much non-existent at the moment, I have some coveralls that I modified to work for my kit and that's it.I'm looking to make a kama and flak vest with my duck cloth, and I still need to figure out my belt/pouches situationI plan to make a duct-tape mannequin sometime this week to help me with this whole process

So, the questions:A) It seems that having the joint at the side of the flak-vest is common? If I did sleeves, how would a joint like that work out?
B) Would I be able to passably make my belt out of the duck cloth I have, or would I encounter issues with that (or with it being the same material as my vest)?C) I 3D printed these holsters for my DC-17s, any recommendations for attaching them to the kama and making sure the blasters don't fall out or rattle around?

Any general advice for someone with minimal fabric experience who's about to go mucking about with all of this?

Weapons WIP Thread
Armor WIP Thread
Soft Goods WIP Thread

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way as to take the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Vest/Belt Questions
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2021, 11:17 PM »
I can’t answer the second or third questions, however, for the first, side closures are good for completely sleeveless vests, or, at most, ones with shoulder wings to attach the pauldrons, not vests with sleeves. If you want sleeves on your vest, go with either a back closure or a front closure. I personally prefer front closing vests because they’re easier to put on and take off by yourself, as you won’t need someone else to zip you up in back.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!