Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet design questions

• 2 Replies
Helmet design questions
« on: Nov 06, 2021, 04:26 PM »
Hello! Iím designing my first helmet and I was wondering if it was up to specifications. I'm shooting for a modern-post imperial look. The main thing Iím not sure of is the fin. I saw a helmet with a fin on the front in the reference photos so I thought it might be fine...

Re: Helmet design questions
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2021, 11:31 AM »
It's hard to judge where you're going without a picture, but I'll offer my advice and opinion as a fellow aspiring Mando. Fins seem generally do-able, but full-on mohawk scale protrusions do not appear to be common, or really a good idea in general. Although ultra awesome looking, features like the Rocketeer's fin and some of the crests you'll see on the helmets of The Mandalores in legends and video games are impractical for doing the business of fighting. Helmets are tools for keeping your head safe in a dangerous situation, and putting a giant handle on your head for an opponent to grab in close quarters is less than optimal.  As a design element, I'd aim for something that reads as a reinforcing ridge with a bit of style, somewhere between LOTR Dwarven helmet ridge and Clone Trooper helmet fin. For a sleeker version, Din Djarin's helmet ridge would be a good example.

But, because I am not an official member, much less a part of the app team, your best bet for definitive feedback is to post your question with a picture of a mockup or sketch to the Q&A section of the forum.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Helmet design questions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2021, 01:39 AM »
Post imperial mandos have a bit of a low profile mowhawk whereas Modern era helmets have been approved for years with fins. Clone style fins and things are good to go for modern. If you want it on Post Imp I would definitely suggest using the Q&A section as Second Son posted.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!