Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Any tips on connecting elastic to foot armor?

• 10 Replies

Arrias Karynthar

• The "Medic"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Any tips on connecting elastic to foot armor?
« on: Jan 02, 2010, 04:49 PM »
I need some help connecting some elastic straps to my foot armor. I was thinking super glue, but im not to sure.

« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2010, 11:22 PM by Arrias Karynthar » Logged

"Don't worry!!! I've got Clone Wars Band-Aids!"

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Any tips on connecting elasatic to foot armor?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:11 PM »
Super glue is a rigid glue so would begin to crack and break with severe use.

You need a glue that will expand and contract, I would recommend E6000, it is industrial strength.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Tal Vhett

• I wanna be you when I grow up.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Rivet.

I wanna be you when I grow up.
Brand32 - Utah Web Design

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:50 PM »
I used Hot glue for mine

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2010, 04:49 PM »
rivets and washers.  will hold much better than hot glue.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Rivets, Chicago screws or bolts.

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:01 PM »
If you are using Jungle Boots, just put a rivet through it and use a chicago screw

Arrias Karynthar

• The "Medic"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Any tips on connecting elastic to foot armor?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Im not lokking for a way to actually attach the foot armor to the boot just a way to attach an elastic band to the foot armor.

"Don't worry!!! I've got Clone Wars Band-Aids!"
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:58 AM »
My solution connects shin-plate and shoe-cap:

Don't make the shoe-cap too long. It moves forwards when you bend the foot while squatting or kneeling. The shoe-cap is attached with a loop through the lower edge of the shin-plate. This loop is has a second, longer eye for the elastic ribbon which surrounds the foot. I'm not walking on that ribbon since it runs through infront of the 2-3 cm high, flat heel. I can pull off the boots with the armor plates or decide to keep the plates over my bare feet. An important feature since Mandalorian homesteads require family members or visitors to leave the cetare at the door.

excerpt from this blog-post: http://karasplace.ning.com/profiles/blogs/beskargam-cod-piece-kama

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2010, 07:10 AM by Tomoe » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Im not lokking for a way to actually attach the foot armor to the boot just a way to attach an elastic band to the foot armor.

Rivets, bolts, or screws.

Beviin Verhayc

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:12 PM »
In order to bolt or rivet through elastic and not have it tear out, I take about an inch on each end of the elastic strap and cover it with hot glue on each side. Then you can punch a hole in it. A washer helps.   :)

Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!