Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cowboy Boots ?

• 6 Replies

SPENCER ( Reylan Fallon )

• Reylan Fallon
Cowboy Boots ?
« on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:08 AM »
Was wondering if anyone tried cowboy boots on their custom..  Since other bounty hunters in the clone wars have a western feel to them,was wondering if a mando ever had cowboy boots..Thanks for the answers !!!! :)

Ghez Hokan

• War is about applying your brains.
Re: Cowboy Boots ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:13 AM »
I tried it a while ago and wasn't happy with the way it looked. It just clashed, somehow, with my sense of aesthetics, but feel free to try for yourself.

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:31 AM »
I am not sure if I have seen a Mando with actual cowboy boots, but I am positive I have seen a Mando with spurs on the boots. The spurs keep that western look, but can look good with regular Star Wars type boots. I agree with Buruk about trying it out with your kit and seeing how you like it.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:00 AM »
I don't think anyone has done it before to my knowledge on an official kit.  How they fit into the overall armor set would determine if they look acceptable.  I like the old west style look myself, which is why I use lots of leather in my kit.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:54 AM »
We have one in our Rancor Clan. Bandolier wears a boot that could be considered Western. He also wears spurs with them. The boot is a lighter color. More of a blunt end instead of the typical CB boot they call roach killers. Roach Killers are the real pointy toe that you can get into corners and stomp bugs. Bando's boot also does not have the Western stitching on the top of the foot (I think). If it does, it does not stand out. His work, but if the were the real high heeled, roach killin', Porter Wagner wearing flashy kind, I think they will not.

There are other horse riding boots besides Western. English riding boots are more conservative in style. You can find ankle height to over the calf style. A lot are zip-up or slip on style. Try a regular Paddock boot.

Maybe I'll snap some picks of the boots I have around here and post them up.

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2010, 09:56 AM by K'raam Xrati » Logged
77 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:28 AM »
Bandolier's boots:

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
  • "Have fun storming the caslte!"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:33 PM »
Yeah, i have cowboy boots with spurs.

honestly, most biker boots like these look good if you cut off the straps around the ankle/ heal area and they look much better >>>  http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/209/12/1185645409-74421_full.jpg

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!