Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Belt?

• 7 Replies

Chow Yun Fett/Jarkiv Vaird

• a.k.a Jedi Elvis
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
My Belt?
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:52 PM »
Just got this belt off of eBay for a very sweet $20.  Any thoughts of what I'm going to have to do to it to make it Mando-approved, or is it sufficient all by it's lonesome?

You're either predator, or you're prey.

Skudt

• Profile image is property of Brian Matyas
Re: My Belt?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:41 PM »
digging the aged look already!

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Did you pay $20 for the belt and the Mouser pouches combined or just for the belt itself?

The Mouser pouches are perfect, nothing needs to be done to them at all.  The belt though is good but you may want to consider covering the buckle somehow perhaps with the pouches or maybe even a loin cloth.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

• a.k.a Jedi Elvis
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2010, 03:03 AM »
20 bucks plus shipping for the whole deal in the picture.  Sweet, eh?    ;D

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Ok thats not a bad deal then.  Had me worried because the way you phrased it it sounded like you paid $20 just for the belt  :P  But yeah, just find a way to cover the belt buckle and you'll be good to go  ;)

Those who wander aren't always lost.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:58 AM »
As i've said elsewhere, there is no reason to cover the belt buckle... There are as many (almost) canon references where it isn't as opposed to where it is. The 'Open Seasons' comic is quite a good reference for that. I'd say leave the belt buckle! If you're brave enough, print out a stencil, paint on a personal/clan symbol and weather it a bit to make it even more personal.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

• a.k.a Jedi Elvis
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:39 AM »
Cool!  I was gonna do the front skirt thing, so the cloth would probably cover the buckle.  In any case, I've got a ton of thoughts on what I can do for the buckle.  Awesome.

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2010, 09:22 AM »
Hey, I got the same belt. Old Bundeswehr design.
No need to change anything on it, it's good enough. After all, they approved me with it.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!