Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight suit and flak vest questions

• 4 Replies
Flight suit and flak vest questions
« on: Nov 26, 2021, 11:04 PM »
I am looking into getting what's needed for a 2 piece flight suit. I've heard of people using scrubs, dickies work clothes. I do not have access to a sewing machine. I am a xl size, could I use a large in the top and pants section so I don't have to do much altering. Also does the top have to be 2 piece or can it be a 1 piece. I have looked at pics and also the mercs  youtube channel and I have seen people.just use 1 piece tops. What would be the best way with limited resources

Re: Flight suit and flak vest questions
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2021, 11:11 PM »
I saw some canvas material at home depot and was acting to know if I could use that to make my flak vest. I may have to do multiple layers to make it thick enough

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2021, 11:39 AM »
To answer all your questions:
Yes, you can use regular scrubs top and bottom, as long as the fit on you isn't baggy.  A size smaller than you would normally wear may be enough, but it may still need some tailoring.  If it does, ask around your local clan for some help.  Double-sleeves are not required.
A canvas drop cloth would be sufficient to make a vest, typically with only one layer provided your plates aren't too heavy for the fabric (most plastic plates wouldn't be).  Again, ask your local clan for help if you need it.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2021, 01:09 AM »
are there any good patterns for a Jango style flak vest and neck seal available?

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2021, 11:12 AM »
are there any good patterns for a Jango style flak vest and neck seal available?

These friends have excellent patterns…

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=184071.0

Art by Jennari Nadorr

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!