Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor 3d File Approval Question

• 2 Replies
Armor 3d File Approval Question
« on: Mar 27, 2023, 02:06 PM »
Hello all, I apologize if this is not allowed, please let me know and I can remove if it isnt.

I am currently planning an armor that I want to get approved. I am on the stage of buying the 3D files and want to make sure that what I am buying is approvable. I understand that there is more than just the pieces that need to be approved, how they fit, underclothes, etc. I just dont wanna buy files and be told that I cant use anything from it. Thanks!!

Hodayc Goran

• 3D printing my brain/dumpster-diving for greeblies
Re: Armor 3d File Approval Question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2023, 02:47 PM »
Good idea to ask. Killonious of Alter Ego Armory on Etsy says most of his designs are MMCC approved, so you should be good to go with the Heavy Assault customized chest and the thigh plates.

I would look for an official opinion on HoskWorkshop's body armor, but I'm pretty sure there isn't anything disqualifying about those particular pieces.

The helmet, not really sure about. I saw a cat-mandalorian helmet recently that may not be approvable, and this has a similar idea; if you were to use more of an Ursa Wren-style helmet, or something along the lines of The Shrike, that might be a little safer.

You'll probably have to wait for an official or App Team opinion, but that's my two credits on the topic.

Ecclesiastes 4:12
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

3D Armorers and 3D Printing
General Concept Ideas
Soft Parts
Re: Armor 3d File Approval Question
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2023, 04:26 PM »
Thanks very much. I'll wait to hear more and appreciate you're input!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!