Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Afos TaT's Ammo belt, Holsters & Kama Finished Pics..

• 16 Replies

Afos Redemption

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
So I am for the most part finished the soft parts of my Mando minus my Flack vest and wanted to show it off as I am quite happy with the results. I will have to put my progress on the rest of the costume on hold as I am going on operation for the next 3 months. The Flight Suit and Armour will be heavily weathered to match the rest but that will have to wait until the spring, also the M-DSB V2 Mercenary will be waiting for me by that time too. So if anyone is interested on what I used for this or how I achieved the look please feel free to ask or critique.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pro Patria
(for country)

Ca Loar

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Afos TaT's Ammo belt, Holsters & Kama Finished Pics..
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2010, 10:50 PM »
Very nice job!!!!!  Is the Kama custom or converted from something else?

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11245490_677274702400729_7769850639631025562_n.jpg?oh=d6e4bfb8c89920e3690b9ac545515935&oe=5613E63B[img]

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Looks like an old pair of shorts. Correct??
I like the kit by the way!

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2010, 12:30 AM »
Those soft parts you got there are KILLER my friend. Great job.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Afos Redemption

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:19 AM »
The Kama was made from my x girlfriends 3/4 length jacket. She was a pretty small girl and when cut almost straight across the back it reached around my waist perfectly. I added 2 pencil cases as cargo pouches and weathered the kit with sand paper in some areas, burning holes and the fringe with a lighter then spray painting highlights with brown/black and primer. Thanks for the complements brothers...

Pro Patria
(for country)

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2010, 04:21 PM »
excellent job vod! :D cant wait to see this finished

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2010, 04:27 PM »
So what did you use for the jango style holsters material wise? That look is pretty wicked!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Afos Redemption

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2010, 09:39 PM »
I ordered the holsters off ebay from Evolution, for the price the quality was surprisingly good. I heated them up with hot water and massaged them for a while to give them the wrinkled look, when they were still wet I put the westar 34's in the holsters and moulded them to the shape of the blasters. When they dried I dabbed them with black paint to give them the dirty weathered look. With a little trial and error I was able to intergraded them into the ammo belt using some of the hard wear that came with the set and a few nuts and bolts on the straps. Thanks for the complements, cant wait to complete this project in the spring...

Pro Patria
(for country)

Olos'nay

• I shot first.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Personally I lke to put the holster under the kama. I guess it is a personnal choice, but I like to use the kama to hide the main weapons.

-Olos

Afos Redemption

« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2010, 10:36 PM »
I thought that myself vod. But I figured for this set up it would inhibit a quick draw, so I intentionally placed the holsters towards the front of the leg instead of the typical way on the side. I also figured it would give a different look instead of the standard Jango style. Vor entye Ner vod...

Pro Patria
(for country)

Cor Nightwind

• Tome, mhi dral.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2010, 06:53 PM »
Very nicely done vod. I hope my stuff comes out half as good. =)

What did you use for your belt pouches?

« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2010, 06:56 PM »
And another random question: What did you use for those ammo pouches?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:00 PM »
I would like to know that as well.

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:01 PM »
I would like to know that as well.
And another random question: What did you use for those ammo pouches?

I might be wrong but I'm assuming they are cell phone cases. But as I said I'm just guessing.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!