Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft parts pants question

• 4 Replies
Soft parts pants question
« on: Jan 19, 2022, 08:59 PM »
Would motorcycle pants be acceptable for the bottom half of the flight suit?  Assuming any visible logo is removed.

We hate the hawk because he ever lives in battle. ~Ovid

Firestorm Clan OM#2790
Re: Soft parts pants question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2022, 09:28 AM »
If youre planing a 2 peice flight suit the top has to match the bottom and look like 1 seamless suit.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2022, 12:28 PM »
Would motorcycle pants be acceptable for the bottom half of the flight suit?  Assuming any visible logo is removed.

If youre planing a 2 peice flight suit the top has to match the bottom and look like 1 seamless suit.

Polishvendetta is correct there. Your flight suit top would need to match your motorcycle pants in both color and material. Thus, if your pants are black leather, your top would need to be as well, and would need to have a similar grain. Granted, that would look cool as heck, but is likely to get very warm in the summer.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2022, 05:02 AM »
Alright, thanks for the explanation. I didn’t know the top should necessarily match the bottom in a Mandalorian costume. It’s my first time making one, and it’s a little more complicated than it seemed initially.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2022, 11:10 AM »
Alright, thanks for the explanation. I didn’t know the top should necessarily match the bottom in a Mandalorian costume. It’s my first time making one, and it’s a little more complicated than it seemed initially.

From the CRLs for the flight suit:

If using two separate pieces, they must give the illusion of a one piece flight suit by using the same color and material for each piece.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!