Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sol'an Fal's pre-production experience

• 5 Replies
Sol'an Fal's pre-production experience
« on: Jan 20, 2022, 06:58 PM »
Hey all,

So I joined recently, but the plannification of a mando cosplay follows me since last october. When I came back from Quebec ComicCon, My bro and I decided that we'd make our own mando armors. sooo he's made his post already and I thought it was high time that I did the same.

Then, without further ado, here is Sol'an Fal, older brother to Rhoss Fal: I'm planning a custom post-imperial Mando with medium/light armor. He'd have different cloth elements (based on what's permitted) compared to classical mandos (din djarin, the fetts, etc). Along with this, I'd make a sword (vibrosword?) and a blaster based on concept arts from Star Wars 1313.

here's the base concept quickly photoshopped from a concept art of The Mandalorian:

Basically a light/medium (not sure yet) post imperial armor with a longer flak vest doubling as a kama and a samurai like cloak. He'd use the "mentor's blaster" from 1313.
https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/1101004384/mentor-blaster-star-wars-1313-concepts?click_key=892fe993d2e64970d3eb3f53e8b51918935787eb%3A1101004384&click_sum=7e27979a&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=star+wars+blaster+3d+model&ref=sr_gallery-1-36&organic_search_click=1&sts=1

Here would be my more refined mockup made on Procreate:

for the Helmet, I will use the Moutaineer helmet from AlterEgoArmory over on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/ca-fr/listing/855097084/the-mountaineer-casque-mandalorien?click_key=7d8a55e9fe26dbf610d2d8c6d6bece73be6500b3%3A855097084&click_sum=87c6e09b&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=alteregoarmory&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

I'm always open to feedback, comments and such!

Cheers!!

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
Re: Sol'an Fal's pre-production experience
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2022, 07:11 PM »
This, and your brother's, is a beautiful looking kit, and I can't wait to see both come to life!  :like:

Matchstick1021

• Your Daily Splash of Orange
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2022, 01:04 AM »
Super nice design! I really dig the colors.

A few things to keep in mind.
The flack vest cannot extended past the waist items per CRLs. So while the kama and flack vest can be made out of the same material they will need to be 2 separate pieces.

Just ensure that when you make the helmet that there is solid cheeks under the cloth. Ruling on that can be found here.

If you haven’t yet found that mentor blaster take a look at 3dprintoys on Etsy. He has very nice one for sale.

You’ve got a good start, keep it up!

Sucking at something is the first step towards being sort of good at something.
MMCC#2424
Rancor Clan
Traffic Cone #38

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2022, 12:05 PM »
I am loving the look of this! I can't wait to see it come together.

Keep in mind that for Post-Imperial you will need 4 pieces of lower body armor. In your concept I only see 2, your knees. You may already have a plan for this, but in case you didn't, I wanted to get it on your radar.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2022, 08:20 AM »
I am LOVING the paint job on that Mountaineer, and the custom attachment on it. Looking forward to seeing this design when its finished.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2022, 08:32 AM »
Oh man!

I am loving everything about this!

Do you own a 3D printer to print the goods are will you be outsourcing some of this?

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!