Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Zasiya Adenn MK-2 Post Imperial

• 19 Replies

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Zasiya Adenn MK-2 Post Imperial
« on: Jan 31, 2022, 02:53 PM »
I'm finally getting the itch to create and work on a new version of my original kit and I've fallen in love with the Post Imperial Mandalorian design. I plan on keeping a lot of elements from my original kit, but upgrading my chest and shoulder plates in the post imp design. For reference, here is what my current kit looks like:

And the new, photoshopped concept below:

I will be keeping my original helmet, gauntlets, and lower body armor, but will be updating my soft parts. I've ordered my new chest plate from etsy, here's what they'll look like:

(etsy seller: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Themoderngeekshop?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1088484346)

Will be getting these soft parts as upgrades:

I am undecided if I will keep my kama, I will have to see what it looks like with the new design. I will also be doing a back plate, but again, unsure if I'll keep my cape or not. Comments and critiques welcome, as usual! I will keep you all updated as things progress!

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2022, 08:18 PM by corriban » Logged
Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003
Re: Zasiya Adenn MK-3 Post Imperial
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2022, 04:13 PM »
Hey great looking ideas for your new kit. I hope they turn out well. I was also looking to use that particular chest plate for my post- imperial kit. Was it approvable? Several people within my clan weren’t entirely sure, but the new Bo-Katann live action one was.

corriban

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Zasiya Adenn MK-2 Post Imperial
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2022, 10:18 AM »
I think I need help. I got my 3d plates and they are massive. I'm not sure the best way to trim them is--they are quite thick. Pics attached. Also, if anyone has opinions on how much to trim, that would be helpful as well. And is there a way to reshape 3d printed items with heat?

Aneira Velca'rusc

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of charity work Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2022, 07:12 PM »
Hi!
I don't have a lot of experience with 3d printed Parts, but wanted to give my limited experience.

The chestplate seems to ve on the big side.
I managed to verrrry slightly bend a 3d print once by using my heatgun. But it were minor bends.
And I managed to trim one 3d printed plate with a hand figure saw once. Took a lot of effort.
Maybe someone else with more 3d print experience can give more input.

I think the collar plate might still work. 

Do you have a flakvest already? It might look different on that than on a t-shirt.

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2022, 11:18 PM »
Unless it’s printed with 100% infill, 3d prints are hollow. That means once you start cutting, you’re going to have air gaps that will need to be filled. It can also be difficult to reshape; you can bend it somewhat with a heatgun, but since 3d prints are thermoplastics, you run the risk of melting or delaminating the print if you go too far.

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2022, 11:57 PM »
I just took a heat gun to a belt buckle that I made and wanted to put a slight curve into.  The plastic doesn't behave how you expect it to.  Anywhere < 2mm will become incredibly soft very quickly and it just doesn't behave like other sheet plastics I've worked with. 

If it does have infill the places between the infill will probably sag and you'll start to see the infill pattern on the outside.

corriban

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2022, 11:57 AM »
Hi!
I don't have a lot of experience with 3d printed Parts, but wanted to give my limited experience.

The chestplate seems to ve on the big side.
I managed to verrrry slightly bend a 3d print once by using my heatgun. But it were minor bends.
And I managed to trim one 3d printed plate with a hand figure saw once. Took a lot of effort.
Maybe someone else with more 3d print experience can give more input.

I think the collar plate might still work. 

Do you have a flakvest already? It might look different on that than on a t-shirt.

I do have a vest, but it's got my original plates on it. The other thing is, these plates are *heavy* as heck. I think it will pull everything down too much with the weight of everything.

Tenaz

• The Serax Legacy
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2022, 09:29 PM »
The post-imp upgrade I’ve been waiting to see! Looking forward to following along!

Loving the concept and how this is really an upgrade on an already established kit, much like how we have seen characters like Bo-Katan develop through the years  :D

corriban

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2022, 04:15 PM »
Sooo the 3d printed plates I got are not going to work for what I have in mind, which sucks because they are nice and I spent a good amount of money on them but I just can't use them for this build. What I ended up doing in a fit of determination was make a duct tape form of my chest and just draw the design on.

I then transferred the design on to craft foam so I could put it on and make adjustments.

The flak vest I think I will be using for this build because, honestly I forgot I had it and it's the right length for what I need in this kit. What I would like to know is if seam A (in red) should be moved in to where seam B (in green) is.

I think it might sit on my chest better and not flare at the bottom too much. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Tenaz

• The Serax Legacy
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2022, 08:54 PM »
“A fit of determination”  ;D

Using the B “seam” will avoid the plates from appearing oversized, in addition to just being more comfortable for you

Ru'Stor Rawr

• Mjölnir
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Airmobile brigade member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2022, 09:01 PM »
Following with interest!

corriban

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2022, 12:49 PM »
Little update-- I have made some new templates for my new armor, taped them on to get opinions on how they look.

and we had our May 4th event at the local Planetarium and I wore my new soft parts with my mark 1 armor.

I love the overall look and am looking forward to implementing the new armor into the new soft parts!

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
  • Awards EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2022, 09:48 PM »
Template looks good!

OM #2630 | BM #394 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP

corriban

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2022, 09:40 AM »
Started my new chest plates this weekend and got up to the filling/sanding part.

A nice chunk came out of the ab plate when I was making a spacing adjustment, so I still have to fill that, but overall I'm pleased with the progress!

Today I'm going to finish filling and hopefully get primer down, then I'll start on the collar "straps" and new shoulder bells.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2022, 08:19 PM by corriban » Logged

Tenaz

• The Serax Legacy

corriban

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 09:02 AM »
Good amount of updates! I got my chest plate primed and ready for weathering!

and I also got my collar plates done with the first layer of weathering down.

I'm really pleased with how everything is turning out!

corriban

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2022, 08:24 PM »
Chest and collar plates are done and attached!

Currently working on the shoulder armor and then will move on to the back plate.

Aster Veris

• "Monarch of mud"
  • Awards EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2022, 09:37 PM »
Wow that looks awesome! Keep up the good work

OM #2630 | BM #394 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP

corriban

« Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2022, 10:48 AM »
More updates!

I got my shoulder bells done and attached.

Currently working on my back plate then I'll put the whole thing together!

corriban

« Reply #19 on: Jun 17, 2022, 08:17 PM »
So we just got back from our trip on the Galactic Starcruiser where I got to wear my new Post Imp. Everything held up well, but seeing it all together, I definitely want to make some changes.

For starters I want to make a new vest. I don't think there's enough contrast between the gray plates and gray vest, so I'll be going back to a black vest. I'll also be making new knees, shins, and shoulders. The knees and shins will be made from sintra and the shoulders I'll be 3d printing. New gauntlets are also on the list for upgrades and will be 3d printed as well. And the biggest piece of all--new helmet. This current one has seen a lot of troops and almost had a tragic end---it was left in the armor bin too long in the sun on it's dome and developed an indentation. My husband was able to round it mostly out before we left, but looking at my new plates together with it, I just don't think it suits the new style. SO! New helmet will be 3d printed as well.

The next troop is the Nationals game on July 16, so I've got a little time to get some of this completed. Wish me luck!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!