Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Great Gloves source

• 12 Replies

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Great Gloves source
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 02:11 AM »
I've been eyeballing these gloves for years, and now that I've been bitten with the Mando-Mites, I think these would be great to accompany someone's beskar'gam, so I thought I'd share!
These are perfect! No labels, form fitting, futuristic looking, and best of all: 8oz of steel shot in the knuckles and finger tops!
These are actually self defense gloves, but for Mando uses, they're perfect!
[LINK]

Apologies to all NY Mandos.
Note: This item cannot ship to NY (Why is shipping restricted?)

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2010, 11:44 AM by Eco » Logged

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis
Re: Great Gloves source
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:20 AM »
Those are likely and possible to be banned in certain states and mostly likely not allowed in a good number of Cons due to the fact they have steel shot added to them for adding weight/pain to a punch.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:45 AM »
Those are likely and possible to be banned in certain states and mostly likely not allowed in a good number of Cons due to the fact they have steel shot added to them for adding weight/pain to a punch.
A likely risk, yes.
Note: This item cannot ship to NY (Why is shipping restricted?)

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:47 AM »
It can't ship to NY because it's illegal there.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Arden T'vor

• The Sound of Drums
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:18 PM »
I was thinking about these as well.  They are considered self defense, non-lethal weapons.  But, to my knowledge, they are illegal in three states.

Edit: I decided against them because of this.

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2010, 12:00 AM by Arden T`vor » Logged
"The drums, the drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat.  Open me you human fool, open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!" - The Master's Essence, held within a timepiece
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:34 PM »
And will likely not be allowed in most cons, either.

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:46 AM »
Ij'ika, you're such a joy-killer, LOL.

I've looked at getting some of those before but don't have to money for that kind of thing right now. My only expenses are my Mando, school, rent, and snacks. LOL

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Even if they are banned at cons, I doubt anyone would really notice if you are wearing them.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2010, 12:40 PM »
By most state laws, they are treated like saps (which they count as, especially named sap gloves), brass knuckles, and whatnot. I bet you could get through most con security with them, but I wouldn't push breaking weapon laws.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2010, 12:54 PM »
By most state laws, they are treated like saps (which they count as, especially named sap gloves), brass knuckles, and whatnot. I bet you could get through most con security with them, but I wouldn't push breaking weapon laws.

Oh of course. I'm not condoning anything here.

I do wonder though...if you were caught with those, would you pull your fake gun on them and tell them to leave?

I kid!

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Seeing as these are non-lethal and cons usually only have rules against working airsoft, soft projectile, watergun, or firearms and sharpened (sometimes un-sharpened) swords and daggers...I have yet to see anything not allowing gloves.

I would just use discretion, and of course...remind you that you are using these for a costume...not for self-defense.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:42 AM »
as was stated previously, they are classified as saps. specifically in california, they are called sap gloves. mere possession of them in california is a felony weapons charge. use of them is a felony assalt with a deadly weapon. i'm guessing new york is similar which is why theyre not shipped there.

that being said, i guarantee you that if push came to shove, those woulf not be as effective real worl melee weapon as my costume gloves are. ive never been jammed up at an event  for mine and EVERYTHING'S illegal or against the rules here in california.

personally, if your state doesnt have a law against them and youre using them for a costume i dont have an issue with and at 20.00 the price isnt bad.

another option that looks a bit more like the canon pic of the eu crushgaunt or just makes a cool armored glove are these...
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAINTBALL-AIRSOFT-GLOVES-W-PVC-ARMOR-Black-Small_W0QQitemZ310170591033QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item48379b9f39

half the price with free shipping. they come in black and green, full fingered or fingerless. search armored paintball gloves pvc.

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:32 PM »
They pretty sweeet. I can see why some states would mark them has illegal though. Still a great find in my eyes.  :)

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!