Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

REALLY cool boots

• 20 Replies

whitecrow1

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
REALLY cool boots
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:13 AM »
i just thought i would post these because i know some of you who are on the lookout for boots might like them. they are a bit on the mid price range...not too cheap but they arent like walmart boots xD. I will be getting a set for myself thats for sure

http://www.amazon.com/Xelement-Advanced-Strap-Leather-Vibram/dp/B002XCMK56/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1263372036&sr=1-7

"shoulders...you got 'em, I shot 'em"

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: REALLY cool boots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:19 AM »
Those are very nice!

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Corvax

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Wow!  I love it!

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Yeah, Xelement makes some serious BA boots. I'm going to get a pair once I finish upgrading everything.

Jaden Tracyn

• Real mandos cry...
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months

whitecrow1

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:49 AM »
yeah dude...they worth the price comfort wise?

"shoulders...you got 'em, I shot 'em"

Jaden Tracyn

• Real mandos cry...
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:30 AM »
yes they are very comforable, I walked all day in them and my feet didn't hurt at all.  :)

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2010, 02:32 AM »
My wife pointed these out to me at Shoe Carnival but unfortunately they are three sizes too small for me

http://polo-boots.blogspot.com/2009/12/polo-ralph-lauren-men-conquest-hi-ii.html

There are two styles, the ones shown in the link above and an alternate style that has the strap but has laces in place of the zippers.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2010, 03:27 AM »
Do they even make xelements in my size?  I'm a women's 7 wide (US).  Right now I'm using Ariat paddock boots that are very comfortable, but I'm looking for something knee-height with no laces that comes in wide sizes.  Any suggestions on where to look are appreciated.   

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2010, 01:53 PM »
There are tons of womens boots at any retail stores. Usually what I've seen is they don't have laces, either. I wish they made as many choices for mens boots as womens...

Riya Morut

« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2010, 02:53 PM »
There are tons of womens boots at any retail stores. Usually what I've seen is they don't have laces, either. I wish they made as many choices for mens boots as womens...

But they don't come in wide sizes...so I'm just about as limited as the men.   :-[

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2010, 02:37 PM »
Riya,

Since you are already using Ariats for your boots, have you thought of traditional English riding boots?  I found these at State Line Tack and they come in lots of sizes and widths.  They are also surprisingly cheap for riding boots too ;).

http://www.statelinetack.com/item/devon-aire-ladies-freedom-pull-on-boot/SLT650288/

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Do they even make xelements in my size?  I'm a women's 7 wide (US).  Right now I'm using Ariat paddock boots that are very comfortable, but I'm looking for something knee-height with no laces that comes in wide sizes.  Any suggestions on where to look are appreciated.   

Have you tried looking on Ebay or Overstock.com?? I get most of my shoes from Ebay...and over seas. Due the the fact that I'm a size 5 in womens. lol

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Riya Morut

« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2010, 04:46 PM »
Have you tried looking on Ebay or Overstock.com?? I get most of my shoes from Ebay...and over seas. Due the the fact that I'm a size 5 in womens. lol

I've tried ebay, but not overstock.  I'll check that out.

Since you are already using Ariats for your boots, have you thought of traditional English riding boots?  I found these at State Line Tack and they come in lots of sizes and widths.  They are also surprisingly cheap for riding boots too ;).

http://www.statelinetack.com/item/devon-aire-ladies-freedom-pull-on-boot/SLT650288/

WOW.  That's the cheapest I have EVER seen a riding boot!  $60 is a steal.  I'll have to see what their return policy is in case they don't quite fit right, but those are a definite possibility for a birthday gift. Thanks for the llink!

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:37 PM »

WOW.  That's the cheapest I have EVER seen a riding boot!  $60 is a steal.  I'll have to see what their return policy is in case they don't quite fit right, but those are a definite possibility for a birthday gift. Thanks for the llink!

I can vouch for that brand being pretty comfy too. Two of my pairs of riding boots have been devon-aires; I actually find my Ariats to be less comfy. (Incidentally, all purchased from State Line as well.) XD

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar MendrosŤ

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!