Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

REALLY cool boots

• 20 Replies

Naglium

• I love it when a plan comes together!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Boba and Jango
Re: REALLY cool boots
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:00 PM »
looks good, but a little pricey

Aysel

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2010, 01:16 PM »
that's a really great price for riding boots,especially when you consider that the good ones can be several hundred dollars. You might also check www.endless.com that's amazon's shoe and purse site. Another trick I've found is find a boot you really like then do a google search for that particular boot by model number, you might be surprised on the deals you can find.

tal nu'gotalu verd - ijaat vaabi
MAJIC (Mandos against jetpacks in combat) member #001

M5 #33

Gunr Sage

• The Starhammer
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I recently found a small supply of O'NEAL M10 boots ( http://www.oneal.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=165 ) at a clearance store nearby for about $40. Unfortunately none of them are my size, but I may be grabbing a pair anyway to cut up and mod out some jungle boots or something (I like the mason jar style latches). Not sure how much shipping would run, but if anyone wants me to look into it, I could check and see if they have something in your size.

Soldier, Mercenary, Terrorist, Freedom Fighter, Pirate, Security Guard, Thief, Cop, Bodyguard, Assassin, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter... I'm all of these and more - I'm Mandalorian.

whitecrow1

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2010, 01:27 AM »
only problem with that kind of boot is...everybody knows exACTLY what they are lol  ;)

"shoulders...you got 'em, I shot 'em"

Gunr Sage

• The Starhammer
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2010, 01:35 AM »
I bet they're less recognizable at a sci-fi convention than most modded Nerf guns...

But anyway, that's what fiberglass, bondo, sheet metal, and greeblies are for :)

Soldier, Mercenary, Terrorist, Freedom Fighter, Pirate, Security Guard, Thief, Cop, Bodyguard, Assassin, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter... I'm all of these and more - I'm Mandalorian.

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2010, 11:09 AM »
looks good, but a little pricey

Back when I still rode I considered getting a pair of riding boots like these, and the price tag was $350 (the extra came in because I have marching band calves that are muscular and huge).  Shortly after that I started doing music pretty exclusively, so I never had to worry about it...but Devon-Aire is a good reliable brand, and that is a REALLY good price.  Plus these boots would probably last a lot longer than any cheap pair you pick up at a department store, because riding boots have to be tough.  I've had my Ariats for...uh...9 years?  They need new insoles, but the leather is still pristine. 

Footwear is one of the parts of armor that really needs to be reliable.  There is nothing worse than a bad pair of boots to ruin your day, because pretty soon your whole body will start aching.     

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!