Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight Suits/Coveralls with Collars?

• 5 Replies
Flight Suits/Coveralls with Collars?
« on: Feb 11, 2022, 11:19 PM »
For a Modern/Post Imperial kit, I've come across several good looking undersuits, but most have collars. Is it desirable to conceal the collar? If were to get a neck cover, would it go on top of the collar but below the flak vest? Thanks in advance!

AdmiraLott7

• Never Look Back
Re: Flight Suits/Coveralls with Collars?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2022, 11:36 PM »
For my flight suit I buy a coverall like you’ve mentioned and then turn the collar up. I then use the pockets I take off the chest to make a neck seal. And then I use velcro to seal the pieces, and a balaclava to cover any extra skin. That’s the way I’ve done it for both my builds.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2022, 11:41 PM »
I then use the pockets I take off the chest to make a neck seal.

Oh great idea! Thank you!  :like:

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2022, 11:46 PM »
It depends upon what you do with the existing collar. The CRLs requires that the neck be completely covered. This can be done by the flight suit having a collar that can close at the front of the neck, covering the throat, or by a separate neck seal. For my flight suit, I use a set of black BDUs, the shirt of which also has a “fold over” collar common on most button down shirts and jackets. I sewed a flap to one side of the shirt collar and Velcro to secure it, sealing up my neck. I also wear a neck gaiter underneath it. The neck seal you pictured can be worn over your flight suit or under it. It’s your choice. Either way, it would be worn under your vest.

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2022, 10:26 AM »
I just stand mine up and it forms a layer between my neck and the neck seal.

I like Admiral Lott’s idea though; good use of scrap!

Art by Jennari Nadorr
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2022, 02:54 AM »

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2022, 12:17 PM by juankax » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!