Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tribute Pilot Kit

• 55 Replies
Tribute Pilot Kit
« on: Feb 17, 2022, 04:58 PM »
Between mid-jan and early-feb we lost my father-in-law who was a vietnam-era helicopter pilot and also lost our unborn daughter.  due to this, i decided to shift attention away from my other kit and felt the need to build a dedication kit.  As he was a pilot, it felt only fitting to also make a pilot.  Her name is Violet and will be used in color and name (Mando'a:  Saviin).

I will likely move the logo down to the pauldron or elsewhere b/c blast shield, but this is where i am now in concept so far.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 05:25 PM by ghostred7 » Logged

Skub Dunkhus

• The Bantha Rider. Whisperer of the Dunes.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Tribute Pilot Kit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2022, 05:03 PM »
Following. Looking forward to seeing this come together, and looking forward to trooping with you soon even more.

Bade Duun

• Credits talk. I do not.
  • Awards Donated during Quarter 4 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 3 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 2 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 1 of 2023. 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2022, 05:45 PM »
Looks like youíve got your concept coming together now. Very nice.

Nice call adding the violet to the shoulder pauldron instead of the iron heart; a nice, meaningful detail that also adds dimension to the kit.

Got the idea; now letís bring Ďer life. Keep it up, everything is  :like:

Naast Clan  | OM# - 2515  |  Brigade# - 381

Kit #1 Bade Duun: Post Imperial Force Hunter
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=190697.0

(WIP)
Kit #2 Kal be Duun: Early Crusader
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203110.msg2226190#msg2226190
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2022, 07:36 AM »
Thx all!
Looks like youíve got your concept coming together now. Very nice.

Nice call adding the violet to the shoulder pauldron instead of the iron heart; a nice, meaningful detail that also adds dimension to the kit.

Got the idea; now letís bring Ďer life. Keep it up, everything is  :like:
Thx!  Not instead of, in addition to.  I still have it on the heart.  All good ;)

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2022, 08:27 AM by ghostred7 » Logged
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2022, 08:23 PM »
Idea 0.2

Have stalker helmet from nme currently so wanted to mockup using that.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Not much of an update.  Gained about 40lbs eating my feelings since i started this thread.  Course correction on that underway and already down 10lbs.  That being said, not much motivation until after talking with fellow Naasties and venting stuff, i moved forward on the flight suit order.  During the chat yesterday, the "oh ya, easier to take in vs let out" light bulb went off.  Easier to order now while i'm still losing weight vs having it before and having to figure out where to let it out and with what materials.

Ordering this one as it seems to fit both concept and crl needs.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2022, 10:20 AM »
Where'd you find that flight suit? And is it a two piece?

Skub Dunkhus

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2022, 03:11 PM »

Curious to know this myself, it looks awesome.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2022, 07:48 AM »
Quote from: Jennari link=topic=212098.msg2331628#msg2331628 I  date=1660054801

Yes 2pc

Curious to know this myself, it looks awesome.

JesterProps on Etsy.  I havenít gotten it yet.  Ordered based on what Iíve seen from others.    Someone reviewed here: 
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=211880.0

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2022, 08:35 AM »
As I've told fellow Naast members, due to depression and the reason behind this kit, motivation bursts are few & far between but I got one yesterday after taking 1/2 day off of work for a mental health day.  I channeled into sandpaper & paint lol.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2022, 08:37 AM »
Looking good!

Skub Dunkhus

« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2022, 10:08 AM »
Great progress! Make sure to take care of yourself, vod! Looking forward to seeing this kit finished and in action!

« Reply #12 on: Aug 12, 2022, 08:49 AM »
Looking good!
Thx!

Great progress! Make sure to take care of yourself, vod! Looking forward to seeing this kit finished and in action!
Thx!  I am.

Wife has started giving input, which has kept motivation up.  Going to add either a stripe or checkerboard to this layer in black before covering with OD Green.  Then will distress the top layer of OD green to review some of the pattern using fine sandpaper.  You can see the natural distressing that occurred just from me knocking down the texture on the yellow, revealing the od green under (left torso, 2d pic).  I just remembered last night that he used to also own warbirds.  He had a P51 Mustang and an A11 Beechcraft.

Layers so far:
"Red" primer
OD Green
Sun Yellow

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2022, 08:53 AM by ghostred7 » Logged

jethroskull

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Donated during Quarter 4 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 3 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 2 of 2023. Donated during Quarter 1 of 2023.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 12, 2022, 12:23 PM »
Checkerboard

Really glad you're back on this.  :boba: :like:

« Reply #14 on: Aug 13, 2022, 08:28 AM »
Checkerboard

Really glad you're back on this.  :boba: :like:
Thanks!  We opted for the stripes (for now).  I'm probably going to re-paint though.  Probably went too heavy weathering for a pilot lol.  I didn't chip... it's all sandpaper, so could be "organic wear" ...just maybe too much yellow showing through.  Updates below.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!