Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Noot Braska Post Imp Soft Parts WIP

• 6 Replies
Noot Braska Post Imp Soft Parts WIP
« on: Feb 22, 2022, 09:07 PM »
Flak jacket has a zipper in the back, cummerbund has some painted and weathered buckles.  The zipper will either be hidden with my back plate, or I can add a flap to cover it.  Tonight, and tomorrow, I'm going to start working on my belt.  I need to make a neck seal, and everything still needs to be weathered appropriately.

The zipper is exposed but should be covered with my back plate.  My belt will be covering the bunching going on with the cummerbund.

Test fit with a Boba Fett shoulder

Light weathering on the gloves, there will be more once I get more done on my armor.

No weathering on the boots yet, just worn them outside a few times to try to break them in a bit

Just noticed the CAT logo, I'll paint over that

Next step is an overnight bleach bath for the flight suit.  I've done some test strips and they turn a nice shade of greyish brown.  The flight suit I was going to get was a much lighter grey.  This one is the same color as most of my armor plates, so I need to do something.

Bleached my flight suit and dyed my cummerbund a darker shade of tan.  I might go a little darker, but I got freaked out today when it was the same color as my flight suit, so I washed a lot of the dye out.

« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2022, 12:23 AM by polishvendetta » Logged
Re: Noot Braska Post Imp Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2022, 07:48 PM »
Got my kama made and mocked up with a placeholder for my belt.

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2022, 04:26 PM »
Looks good vod. That quilting/stitching is awesome.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2022, 04:55 PM »
Thank you, its a light weight quilted bed spread I found on Amazon.  Most of the quilts I found were basket weave or just squares, and i really liked the more contemporary geometric shapes.

SunStyle Home Microfiber Bedspread

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2022, 11:26 AM »
Working on finishing my belt

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Certified crazy cat mando
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2022, 11:58 PM »
Great work, it's really coming together!

| Hard Goods WIP | Soft Goods WIP | Planning Log |

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2022, 11:23 AM »
Oh, cool! You got a Crimson Dawn logo on your belt there! I really like the belt design, and your kama looks teriffic!

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2022, 09:12 AM by Zam Rendeix » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!