Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sleeveless ?

• 11 Replies
Sleeveless ?
« on: Mar 01, 2022, 01:49 AM »
In Starwars many female character have sleeveless outfits (with lower arm warmer and/or armor). Does this sound right for a desert-colors
Tatooine-like mandalorian or any view of naked skin is prohibited ?

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Sleeveless ?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2022, 02:49 AM »
Depends upon the era. Modern era CRLs do explicitly allow your flight suit to have short sleeves, but they must still reach past the middle of your bicep. Post Imperial era doesn’t say one way or the other, but all of the Crusader eras require a “fully vacuum sealed” look.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2022, 03:54 AM »
Thanks ! I'm struggeling with the eras... have you any advice on a website that explain simply all the eras and put the films/series along the timeline ?
I'm trying to match the english terms and my own (french)... but I can't find "Crusader eras". Before the first republic ?

I like the new republic period (same as the mandalorian show), so.... "post imperial" ?

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2022, 04:21 AM by Anninku » Logged
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2022, 09:30 AM »
Early and Crusader I think are mainly depicted in comic books and novels.  Neo-Crusader was depicted in the Knights of the Old Republic games but also comics and novels I imagine.

Modern would be the prequal trillogy and original trilogy timelines.

Post Imperial would be anything taking place after Return of the Jedi, including The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett (although alot of the inconsistencies with Boba's look in this show have not been included in the CRL's)

From an armor perspective, it seems like most people recomend starting with Modern because its simpler to build.  Post-Imperial chest armor is more complicated to fabricate. 

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2022, 11:24 AM »
Polishvendetta is correct. There are CRLs for three main “Crusader” types, each corresponding with a particular time in SW history. The Early Crusaders, Crusaders, and Neo Crusaders. Their CRLs, along with the CRLs for Modern kits and Post Imperial kits can be found here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-requirements/

The Early Crusaders are depicted in the Tales of the Jedi comics 4000-3996 BBY. The Crusaders are from the Mandalorian Wars that followed several decades later, from 3976-3960 BBY, and the Neo Crusaders are from Knights of the Old Republic, set in 3956 BBY. There is also Late Crusader, style armors from the game Star Wars: The Old Republic, which takes place a few hundred years later in the timeline, but there are no CRLs up on the main CRL page for them.

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2022, 12:38 PM »
There is also Late Crusader, style armors from the game Star Wars: The Old Republic, which takes place a few hundred years later in the timeline, but there are no CRLs up on the main CRL page for them.

There is NOT a Late Crusader CRL. Anything considered "Late Crusader" is part of the Crusader Era. There are not any separate CRLs for this non-existent era.

Stop telling people about CRLs that do not exist!

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2022, 01:12 PM »
There is NOT a Late Crusader CRL. Anything considered "Late Crusader" is part of the Crusader Era. There are not any separate CRLs for this non-existent era.

Stop telling people about CRLs that do not exist!

I didn’t. Please reread my previous post. I specifically said that there was no CRL for Late Crusader armor. I simply mentioned that that style of armor is from the SWTOR games. To quote:

[

There is also Late Crusader, style armors from the game Star Wars: The Old Republic, which takes place a few hundred years later in the timeline, but there are no CRLs up on the main CRL page for them.

I never said that there were CRLs for Late Crusaders, in fact I said just the opposite.

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2022, 03:15 PM »
I never said that there were CRLs for Late Crusaders, in fact I said just the opposite.

There is no designation separating any sub-classes of Crusader. So therefore even mentioning "Late Crusader" doesn't make sense as there is not anything that would qualify as such that does not already fall under Crusader. Doing so just serves to confuse people as they navigate the CRLs.

This is just Crusader Era. It is the largest era. Mentioning something contained within as anything other than Crusader, particularly something that doesn't exist as its own or in the CRLs, is not helpful to people trying to figure out their eras.

But this is not the place to discuss this...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2022, 03:30 PM by Arkham » Logged
Arkham's WIP

« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2022, 03:11 AM »
Thanks for all those details ! The flightsuit who looks great in a shop nearby does have sleeves a little longer than the middle of the bicep ! The only issue are the too dark buttons (but they will be under the chest armor so no big deal) and the front pockets that I will have to sew closed, as quite all pockets are forbidden. How in the world Mandalorians can live without pocket ? Pockets are greats  :rolleyes:

Arkham

« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2022, 10:17 AM »
Thanks for all those details ! The flightsuit who looks great in a shop nearby does have sleeves a little longer than the middle of the bicep ! The only issue are the too dark buttons (but they will be under the chest armor so no big deal) and the front pockets that I will have to sew closed, as quite all pockets are forbidden. How in the world Mandalorians can live without pocket ? Pockets are greats  :rolleyes:

Not all pockets are forbidden. The CRLs (for Modern and Post Imperial) only really mention seat and hip pockets...
External pockets on the seat of the pants must be removed.
Internal slit pockets on the hips and slit pockets on the seat of the pants must be hidden, sewn shut, or fully closed so that they don’t fall open.
...as these are the ones we do not traditionally see on Mandalorians in canon.

Other pockets such as sleeve and thigh pockets are often allowable. Always check with your Ruus'alor for what is the best option in these cases

Arkham's WIP

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2022, 09:08 PM »
Not to mention pouches on belts and bandoliers!

ishtob

• Aluminati
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2022, 05:57 PM »

I personally added a boba-style belt pouch so i can hold stuff like my phone and wallet as well as other goodies to pass out to kids.

here's what I did:

Zark Lyall - OM #2494 - Firaxan Clan | Kit WIP   Kit 2 WIP  Metal Helmet WIP    Metal BoBF Boba WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!