Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boba fett

• 25 Replies
Re: Boba fett
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2022, 05:33 PM »
I appreciate all the info!! And here is an update on the build. I am going to coat all the pieces in resin and sand and prime. :boba: and again I am open to all advise if you see anything wrong with the prints.

https://imgur.com/gallery/khJfPEG

« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2022, 09:37 PM by lance88 » Logged

trashcanmando

• This is all Karen Traviss' fault. OM #1882
« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2022, 10:46 AM »
I donxt know much about face character building but those look good to me!

(To post qn image straight into your post, click on the image, copy the BBCode and paste that :) )

« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2022, 11:53 PM »
Thank you for the compliment and for the advice on adding photos. Is that something I can do on my phone or is that only my pc I have an iPhone and can’t seem to get it to work

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #18 on: Mar 10, 2022, 02:10 AM »
Thank you for the compliment and for the advice on adding photos. Is that something I can do on my phone or is that only my pc I have an iPhone and canít seem to get it to work

You can do it on your IPhone. I use an IPhone SE, and post pics just fine. In Imgur, just press and hold on the pic you want until the selection menu pops up. Once it does, select ďCopy LinkĒ. Finally, paste the link between a set of image tags.

« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2022, 09:23 AM »
Thank you for the help here are the pictures of my progress so far looking to start sanding in the next couple of days.

Aster Veris

• CEO of socks
« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2022, 12:44 AM »
Looking good! I'm not an expert in boba things but we have some great ones on the forum, Mi'ix is super knowledgeable you're gonna do great!

MMCC #2630 | they/them | mav oya'la clan |IG: @ plant.alorian | Aster WIP

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #21 on: Mar 11, 2022, 06:41 AM »
So a couple things to note with this helmet model.

The details inset into the ear caps, don't pop out like they do on this model. They're added after the fact, which can be done either with stencil and paint or via decals.

Rangefinder stalk looks a bit small. There should be a portion that juts out forward into the topper more to help support it. I'd also recommend looking for either a metal stalk or reinforce one with metal rod as they tend to bend over time if not properly supported.

The keyslots should have a place to add to cylindrical greeblies, like the old dental files that used to be on the back of the ROTJ Boba helmet from the OT.

Lastly, the borden connector placement is off. Should be closer to the mandibles by at least an inch. Looks really far over on the cheek.

Kudos to you for getting a successful helmet print, but more to do on this model, I'm afraid.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2022, 09:23 AM »
Thank you for the advice and will definitely work on fixing all the issues. I printed everything to the scale that was provided he has also released a few updates since I printed this so maybe that will help with some of the issues. Does a layout of parts exist and if so can someone point me to it? I just donít know the names to all the parts and want to make sure I understand what needs to be fixed.

« Reply #23 on: Mar 11, 2022, 01:12 PM »
Theres a seperate board for Canon characters with the CRLs

Canon and Legends

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #24 on: Mar 11, 2022, 01:37 PM »
That's for Brigades though, and not for basic approval.

There will be a board soon just for Canon and Legend builds for basic approval, but for now this is the right spot for this build.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #25 on: Mar 11, 2022, 04:07 PM »
So a couple things to note with this helmet model.

The details inset into the ear caps, don't pop out like they do on this model. They're added after the fact, which can be done either with stencil and paint or via decals.

Rangefinder stalk looks a bit small. There should be a portion that juts out forward into the topper more to help support it. I'd also recommend looking for either a metal stalk or reinforce one with metal rod as they tend to bend over time if not properly supported.

The keyslots should have a place to add to cylindrical greeblies, like the old dental files that used to be on the back of the ROTJ Boba helmet from the OT.

Lastly, the borden connector placement is off. Should be closer to the mandibles by at least an inch. Looks really far over on the cheek.

Kudos to you for getting a successful helmet print, but more to do on this model, I'm afraid.

Thank you for the help like I stated my goal
Is to make the costume as accurate as possible so I really appreciate the help.
I have just started printing a new bucket off of the updated files that he put out and it does show the borden connector is in a different location as well. I am going to do this print out of PETG so it will take a little longer to print but will post an update when itís done.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!