Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boba rubies one piece.

• 8 Replies

Demar Falco

• What doesnt kill me...better start running
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Boba rubies one piece.
« on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:30 PM »
So. I think I have the boba one piece helmet that I guess is now unregulation. I just got my helmet two monthes ago, before the new rule. Is this helmet completely unacceptable? Spent good money and time on this and I don't want to throw it out.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Boba rubies one piece.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:35 PM »
That helmet is no longer being accepted for adult use. FOr verd'ikas it will be evaluated on a case by case basis. It has about 30hrs. of prep work required to get it to a shape and appearance where it's presentable. 

I would suggest listing it on ebay and, if you need a smaller helmet, getting yourself a 2 piece Jango bucket.

Demar Falco

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Well. I'm not quite a verd'ika. I'm 17

Also, who would buy a used custom painted helmet and give me enough to buy a better one?

Money is tight in my family, so just buying a new one is out.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:34 PM »
Well, the new Verd'ika regs are only valid if you have a family member who is an Official Member anyway.

As for selling it, you never know... I seem to recall when you were searching for a helmet many including me directed you away from that helmet anyway and that was before the regs went through.

Demar Falco

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:39 PM »
The person I got it from didn't tell me it was rubies.

Maybe I will go with metal now...

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:41 AM »
There aren't any metal helmets that I'm aware of.  And I would list the helmet on ebay anyways...there are folks on there who sell whole sets of  "non-mercs approved" armor and helmets that get bought by folks all the time.  Keep in mind that not everyone out there is looking to get in mercs.

Also do you even have the armor started/finished?  If you haven't gotten any of that worked on you wouldn't even be anywhere near ready to submit your application.  Not to mention you're still under 18.  Use the time to work on getting your armor completed while saving up for a new helmet.  By the time you turn 18, have the armor completed, you could have some money saved up to purchase a new helmet, paint it up and be ready to apply.

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010, 09:44 AM by Taglar Dreskk » Logged

Synnr Falco

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:58 AM »
I was going to use a Rubies Boba dlx for my girlfriend's armor. Instead I got it signed by Jeremy Bulloch and bought her a DSB Mercenary.  

Take my word for it, you will be 1000 times happier with a DSB then you ever could be with the Rubies.

Repaint the rubies either jango or boba style and then get it signed at NYCC later this year!  That will make it worthwhile in the long run.

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010, 10:00 AM by Synnr Falco » Logged

Demar Falco

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2010, 11:05 AM »
I was going to use a Rubies Boba dlx for my girlfriend's armor. Instead I got it signed by Jeremy Bulloch and bought her a DSB Mercenary.  

Take my word for it, you will be 1000 times happier with a DSB then you ever could be with the Rubies.

Repaint the rubies either jango or boba style and then get it signed at NYCC later this year!  That will make it worthwhile in the long run.

can you send me a link to this "DSB" please

Synnr Falco

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2010, 11:12 AM »

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=17499.0

I'll post pics of mine next to some other helmets if you need to compare

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!