Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nomad Backpack: Soft Goods allowed?

• 3 Replies
Nomad Backpack: Soft Goods allowed?
« on: May 05, 2022, 09:47 AM »
Hey friends,

I want to add a leather/canvas backpack to my mando and was wondering what the rules for approval were? I don't remember seeing anything in the P/IMP CRLs about backpacks.

This is kind of what I'm going for.

Obviously I would be making it look a little more starwarsy but I wanted to see if this was approvable. Thanks!

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Nomad Backpack: Soft Goods allowed?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 12:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen canvas backpacks on people's kits.

I always loved the look of the Sideshow Collectibles Mythos Obi Wan backpack.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades

Second Son

• Awards Special Weapons EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 01:31 PM »
This looks like a perfect starting point vod. It really fits with the look you're after and plays off the inspiration well.
As to approvability, this is a good base so it's really down to how well you swarz it, I'd say. 

The patch on the outside face looks like it could be modified, or the stitching holes re-used, to be a greeble plate holder (blinking LEDs?). Maybe put a little transponder thingy one one shoulder strap and a sheathed knife on the other. Or loops with metal cylinders.

I don't know that the CRLs say much about zippers on pouches and accessories but it feels like they should be disguised by little 'rain flaps' so they aren't as obvious.
Add some cinch straps above the side pouches to hold on a high-tech cylinder of some sort on one side and coil of rope on the other. Tuck a bedroll under the top flap and add some Space Grime. Throw your con gear in it and you're off to the races.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 02:54 PM »
I agree. I don’t see much, if any modifications needed except to remove the tags/logos. Those definitely have to go as they clearly violate the CRLs.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!