Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boots enquiry

• 2 Replies

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Greese
Boots enquiry
« on: Jun 07, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Hey guys, not sure if this question has been asked before (if it has let me know), but I was looking at a pair of motorcycle boots to use in my kit, notably these:

https://imgur.com/a/eDxKkQn

What I'm thinking of doing is this: the top of the boot sits roughly 2-3cm below the knee, I was going to cover up the laces with armor and have the straps run over the top, I noticed the CRLs say that straps and buckles are allowed as long as they appear "in universe", I was going to remove/cover up the finger tab on the top of the boot (I don't really like them anyway), there is a zipper in the inside of the boot, it looks black from the photo but I would probably make up a flap to cover them if need be, and I'm not sure what the pouch (thing?) on the back of the right boot is, but that will come off.

What I wanted to ask was, would I be able to tuck the leg of my flightsuit into the top of the boot leaving it exposed, or would I be better off having the flightsuit cover the top of the boot? Any feedback/criticism is much appreciated.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.
Re: Boots enquiry
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2022, 11:22 AM »
I'd check the heel height but they are pretty darn cool in general. If they are comfortable to stand and walk in for a few hours (the major issue with all footwear, but motorcycle boots in particular as I understand it) they would work.

As for tucking pants versus pants over the boots - you can do either. But if you are going to the effort of getting these boots Mando's up, I would tuck the pants in and show these boots off because they are rad.

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Greese
Re: Boots enquiry
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2022, 04:46 PM »
Yeah awesome cheers vod,
I'd check the heel height but they are pretty darn cool in general. If they are comfortable to stand and walk in for a few hours (the major issue with all footwear, but motorcycle boots in particular as I understand it) they would work.

As for tucking pants versus pants over the boots - you can do either. But if you are going to the effort of getting these boots Mando's up, I would tuck the pants in and show these boots off because they are rad.

I've got a similar pair of boots I wear around town (casual) so I think I'll be right on that part, but I'll definitely check the heel hight

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!