Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mand'alor's utility "Trenchvest"

• 20 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Mand'alor's utility "Trenchvest"
« on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Em did a great job with this trenchvest!

This is a design that we both put our heads together on.  I've always loved the Klingon warrior long-coats, but I wanted to do something that looked like Star Wars and had some real uses and story to it.  So we came up with that I call the "Trenchvest".  It's made out of heavy canvas and 2oz gator print sheep hide leather.  There are 3 elastic loops on the front to hold anything from flares to frag grenades for the right gauntlet launcher.  There are also covered slits on the back for jetpack/weapons pack straps.

The story behind the gator print leather is that early on in Novall's career, one of his first kills was a Barabel warrior.  The Barabel species is reptilian, but their hide is naturally blaster resistant.  You can read about them on Wookiepedia!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Mand'alor's utility "Trenchvest"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:42 PM »
And the back:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:57 PM »
looks kinda cool....any pics of it on? i struggle to see soft parts in 3d for some reason lol

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Looking very nice indeed!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Glad to see you have received it. How does it fit?

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2010, 07:00 PM »
That is so much win right there.  ;D

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar MendrosŤ

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2010, 07:16 PM »
reading the description and then seeing the pix has me slightly confusd? the name trenchVEST made me think youre replacing your current carrier vest with it and the plates will mount to it. however, the pix look like it will go over everything and cover all those awesome plates you pounded out lol. just kinda interested to see how it all works together.

as always, mar'eyce pulled another beautiful piece from her bag of tricks!

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2010, 08:12 PM »
It is long like a trenchcoat and is intended to be worn as an overcoat, but it's sleeveless. It was a lot of fun to make!

And thanks for the compliments. :) It looks better in person though.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:36 PM »
It fits perfectly!

PJ, think of that figure you made me a year ago.  It's just like how you made the Novall figure.  ;D

VerdaOriramikad

« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2010, 11:55 AM »
So this was you made the armor to trade, looks great, can't wait to see it with your armor, and yeah I always loved the Klingon's long vests too.

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:27 PM »
*chuckle* I feel unoriginal now. :D I have the basic pattern of the Klingon command cloak drafted out, and have been altering details to make it more "swarzy" and definitely more Mando. I wanted something besides a cape to cover my back until whenever the heck I get the whole rocketpack/mounting frame/backplate combo sorted -- probably in another year or two. *sigh*

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2010, 01:58 PM »
*grins*  That turned out NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

I assume you'll be wearing that instead of your cape as opposed to with it?

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2010, 02:08 PM »
They are interchangeable, so I can wear one or the other depending on what armor mode I'm in.

« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2010, 02:23 PM »
They are interchangeable, so I can wear one or the other depending on what armor mode I'm in.

Gotcha...

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2010, 02:01 AM »
pics with it on yet?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!