Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Blaster Concepts WIP

• 0 Replies
Blaster Concepts WIP
« on: Jun 23, 2022, 01:35 AM »
I originally had it in my build log for my main costume but didn't know this section existed.

I wanted to create my own blaster for my build and went through some world war 1 weapons to find something that looked like it could be modified to be a star wars blaster since surplus weapons were the original prop bases.

I decided to work on two concepts for my Mando's blaster.
From my research so far I can't quite figure out if they're the same weapon in different stages of development but regardless i like both designs.

Both are heavy blasters and will have the capability (Not really of course) to launch a projectile like an ion or regular grenade depending on the situation using the lower larger barrel.
The lower weapon in the first image I am tinkering with a concept I've wanted for my blaster before seeing the two real weapons. I wanted a long range gatling rifle either for taking out large amounts of enemies at a distance or distracting a target while my Mando's companion droid flanks and eliminates the target. Even with only 3 barrels and not circular I've thought of how I can print a housing that can slot in a large bearing that would allow it to rotate with a servo.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!