Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts Question

• 4 Replies
Soft Parts Question
« on: Jun 29, 2022, 02:41 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure where to start in terms of material for the flak jacket and the flight suit.
Is there any materials that are best for this sort of thing, I'm thinking of brown leather for the shoulder parts of the flak jacket, and a canvas like material for the rest of it? For the flight suit I've no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
Re: Soft Parts Question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2022, 04:45 PM »
The most common flight suits are Dickie's coveralls and scrubs...

A lot of variance for material weight there. Take into account when and where you'll be trooping; hot weather wants lighter clothes.

The flak vest sounds good as is. Canvas works well.

Art by Jennari Nadorr

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2022, 05:45 PM »
Another option is military clothing, such as BDUs. I wear a set of black BDUs for my flight suit.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2022, 06:19 PM »
The most common flight suits are Dickie's coveralls and scrubs...

A lot of variance for material weight there. Take into account when and where you'll be trooping; hot weather wants lighter clothes.

The flak vest sounds good as is. Canvas works well.

I think I'm safe from sun and heat in Scotland :laugh: , I'll have a look into Dickies and see what I can find.

Another option is military clothing, such as BDUs. I wear a set of black BDUs for my flight suit.

I was thinking about BDUs, I own a couple sets already, unfortunately they're all camo variants so I'll have a look at getting a black set.

Cheers for the help!  :<3:

jethroskull

• Haat Gai
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2022, 06:28 PM »
Scotland is perfect BDU weather... I miss the eternal drizzle of The Clyde.

Art by Jennari Nadorr

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!