Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Color Scheme

• 4 Replies

Khi'ra Vor

• He>i
Color Scheme
« on: Jun 29, 2022, 07:30 PM »
Ok so I've been at this for a good while and I cannot think of colors that have an authentic warrior Mandalorian look, but still unique to who my character is. I have the base look of the armor I just need color. Khi'ra is a traveler, there's no specific planet she lives on anymore she just stays where she travels to. She's human, but was raised on Kiros by Togrutas until she realized there was so many people around the galaxy who needed peace or even just food so she left 3 years after she was of age and could fly a ship.  She joined the Mandalorians fascinated by their culture and throughout the galaxy wherever there's the most trouble, Khi'ra helps those in need, whatever that may mean for her as long as the people she's helping are safe. There was one instance where she battled with a jedi, leaving saber damage on her helmet which continues to her chestplate, and there's also damage on her shoulder, hand plate, and gauntlet. My character for almost 2 years was on the desert planet Sriluur succeeding to save 20% of the enslaved weequay species. After that, a few years later she eventually ends up in the lower levels of Coruscant providing credits and food for the people in need. Her journey only continues to many different planets, helping several different species, doing what she can to provide and protect. She puts up a good fight when it's needed but tries to avoid, if possible, taking a life.

Here's the base look:
https://next.photobucket.com/u/KVorMando/a/0efbe939-d07b-4a32-96ef-bea017e2706d/p/b62417a4-309a-41eb-bae1-bcc34e54c109

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Color Scheme
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2022, 09:01 PM »
The only two real restrictions on color scheme are these (from the CRLs):
No “modern” or “common” off-the-shelf camouflage patterns may be used. Camouflage patterns allowed must be uncommon, vintage, or in-universe and will be highly scrutinized during the application process.
No glitter paint allowed for armor or props.

That being said, there are certain colors with special significance and meaning in Mandalorian culture. In canon, these colors and their meanings are:

• Gray = Mourning a Lost Love or Family member
  • Red = Honoring a Parent or leader
  • Black = Justice
  • Gold = Vengeance
  • Green = Duty
  • Blue = Reliability
  • Orange = A lust for life (for Freedom)
  • White = Cin Vhetin; A fresh start (lit. White Field) or Purity

Once again, though,  for many, the colors chosen were just personal preferences.

If you look at the armor of the various members there, you'll find all kinds of different color schemes, some muted, some rather vibrant, some very flashy. The choice of color is up to you.

Khi'ra Vor

• He>i
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2022, 04:39 PM »
Oh nice, thank you so much!

Khita

• You had me at Battle Droids.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2022, 04:40 PM »
You could definitely use the color references listed and do green and black for your characters sense of duty and justice. Add some white for freedom or gray for mourning birth parents if that's part of her back story.

Khita Kress (aka Carrie)
Taakure Clan
Instagram @khita.and.din

Khi'ra Vor

• He>i
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2022, 01:49 AM »
Oooh ok I’ve got something, it may not be exactly what you guys suggested, but I’ve gotten inspired! Thank you for you help, it’s much appreciated my friends!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!