Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Advice on Nite Owl style helmets

• 5 Replies
Advice on Nite Owl style helmets
« on: Jun 30, 2022, 12:16 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am in the planning phase of a custom female Mandalorian with a nite owl style helmet. I've browsed and done lots of research but I'm sure not all of this will translate to actually making my armor and I will have many questions. Right now my biggest concern is helmet design. I've looked at various methods for making your own helmet including 3D printing as well as kits that I would do my own modification and paint jobs on. The problem is that most are for the standard T visor and I'm having trouble finding resources or kits for the Nite Owl helmet. Any advice on creating vs buying and how to go about would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Advice on Nite Owl style helmets
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2022, 03:10 AM »
STEINcustomdesigns, over in Hawkers' Row. He sells a number of different helmet styles, including two "Night Owl" styles called The Katana and the Seeker. The Katana is based more on Sabine Wren's helmet, whereas the Seeker is patterned after Bo Katan's.

Frostfyre

• In war, Victory.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2022, 09:06 AM »
For 3D printed helmets, Villanous prop shop has the standard bo-Katan/Koska Reeves nite owl variant as well as a few Alteredego Armory designs like the shrike. Redmanstudioworkshop sells resin versions of the Nite owl.

Other than that, check out hawker's row and price out what works best for you.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2022, 11:01 AM »
Kick the Bucket in Continuous Sales is far and away the best option, imo. Resin helmets can look real good and 3d printed are cheap, but both are ultimately fragile when it comes to any sharp impacts. Kick the Bucket does vacuum-formed plastic helmets that are high resolution and practically indestructible and are similar in price point to 3d printed ones while requiring a fraction of the finishing work. I literally spent less time sanding my bucket than sanding a 3d printed gun, and I've done practical weathering on them that's literally impossible with other helmets.

Their niteowl is spectacular and I can't recommend any other helmet maker more highly.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2022, 12:03 PM »
I also hear the blackseries Bo Katan helmet is pretty awesome. That might be affordable still while also giving you a cool interior and base to custom paint the rest of it!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2022, 05:25 PM »
Iíll comment contrary to everyone else in that I believe self made is a good pace to start. There are a number of ways to build and I have done quite a few Pepakura builds to include one or two Night Owl style buckets.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!