Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet big enough for glasses

• 14 Replies

MandalorianReaper

• Instagram @themandalorianreaper
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
Helmet big enough for glasses
« on: Jul 21, 2022, 09:58 PM »
So I’m trying to pick between the NME stalker and assassin. Anyone know if either one has enough space that you could wear glasses in them? 

I’d rather not do contacts but I will if I have to.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Helmet big enough for glasses
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2022, 01:36 AM »
It would depend on the size of your noggin.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2022, 01:58 PM »
So I’m trying to pick between the NME stalker and assassin. Anyone know if either one has enough space that you could wear glasses in them? 

I’d rather not do contacts but I will if I have to.

How bad are your eyes? My vision is screwed on both ends, so I just don't bother wearing them most of the time. I get by.

MandalorianReaper

• Instagram @themandalorianreaper
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2022, 01:10 AM »
It would depend on the size of your noggin.

Well I guess I’ll find out how big it when I get the bucket.  For fitted hats I wear the small/med size so I’m guessing I might have room. I know there is other stuff I gotta for in there too… we will see I guess.

How bad are your eyes? My vision is screwed on both ends, so I just don't bother wearing them most of the time. I get by.

No they aren’t that bad. I need them for seeing detail at a distance. But if I can make it work with them I’d prefer it.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2022, 01:38 AM »
I have a big head and glasses.  Both the large Stalker and large Assassin fit.  The Assassin is a little tighter than the Stalker but it still fits.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2022, 02:33 PM »
No they aren’t that bad. I need them for seeing detail at a distance. But if I can make it work with them I’d prefer it.

What about using an old pair and mount them in the helmet itself? Build some kind of adjustable framework for them and fasten the rig inside the helmet, adjust as needed and you'd do better than no glasses.

Mind you if you've got better cash reserves maybe just get a new set of lenses built to your specifications.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2022, 05:19 PM »
My glasses are pretty low profile, but I can wear a medium assassin with them on. The Stslkers seem to be a bit more roomy.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Omus Rekpar

• Life Should be Sharp as a Knife!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2022, 08:00 PM »
I have a big head and the large stalker.   I can not fit glasses under the bucket.   I wear my contacts.

I have heard of people taking a old pair glasses and mounting them in the bucket.

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2022, 06:10 AM »
I chose a mandalorian kit as at the time there were no canon characters with glasses, I scratch built my helmet and made sure that there was enough space to wear my glasses in the bucket. It's a bit of an art getting it on, without the glasses falling off but it works.

OM# 1621
"Gar taldin ni jaonyc gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la."
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be."
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP
« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2022, 04:01 AM »
This is the problem I am having I have a large grape 7 3/4 hat size and I have advanced glaucoma and have to wear the goggles. Can not see without the goggles. I have faith in time I will find the right size Bucket.

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2022, 02:16 PM »
This is the problem I am having I have a large grape 7 3/4 hat size and I have advanced glaucoma and have to wear the goggles. Can not see without the goggles. I have faith in time I will find the right size Bucket.
find one with shallow cheeks as that’ll make getting it on so much easier. Or find one where you can have a moveable faceplate that looks seamless when you have it together!

QMU#084
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2022, 08:11 PM »
find one with shallow cheeks as that’ll make getting it on so much easier. Or find one where you can have a moveable faceplate that looks seamless when you have it together!

Thank You, I actually have one with a moveable faceplate it is one of those airsoft Mando helms that looks more like an imperial pilot helmet. Not sure if those will pass an inspection or maybe it can.

Thank You Once Again,
Finn

Bowfanny

« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2022, 08:32 PM »
Thank You, I actually have one with a moveable faceplate it is one of those airsoft Mando helms that looks more like an imperial pilot helmet. Not sure if those will pass an inspection or maybe it can.

Thank You Once Again,
Finn

Unfortunately those airsoft ones don’t meet club requirements and would require significant modifications to do so. It’s much easier to find 3d helmets that can do the same thing and take less time and money to make work.

QMU#084

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #13 on: Sep 21, 2022, 02:03 AM »
Vok'chi clan members Talos Kot has a helmet with a faceplate that lifts up, it might be worth checking if his w.i.p. is still around.

OM# 1621
"Gar taldin ni jaonyc gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la."
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be."
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Bowfanny

« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2022, 03:05 AM »
Vok'chi clan members Talos Kot has a helmet with a faceplate that lifts up, it might be worth checking if his w.i.p. is still around.
His whole kit for that matter lol

QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!