Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Atiniir Tor's Post Imperial WIP

• 4 Replies
Atiniir Tor's Post Imperial WIP
« on: Jul 30, 2022, 12:02 PM »
Hey all, I've been around for a while and have been posting my WIP in the New Hampshire stronghold but am putting it here to hopefully get more feedback. You can find my original WIP here: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=207748.0

I'm doing a post imperial kit. Armor layout and design as shown below (minus loincloth on the colored version, this was made when I was going to make a modern kit)

Progress so far:

- Flightsuit altered to fit

- Gloves acquired

- Helmet 85% sanded

- Shins cut out of sintra, shoulders printed, chest plate printed, one hand plate printed.

Questions:

- How is the sizing of the chest and shoulders? I will have the ab plate and I know the chest plate needs to shift to the right from the camera's perspective. I don't have my flak vest yet which I know will change some things as well.

- I'm concerned the chest plate comes away from my chest too much. Here are some pictures from the side:

- How is the sizing of my hand plate?

Next steps:

- I have the pattern for my flak vest, I just need to work up the courage to make it. I've never sewn anything from a pattern before

- I have the thigh plate sliced, sized and ready to print

- I have all the materials for my gauntlets. I'm using the tutorial for the basic PVC gauntlets and I'm just going to leave the tops blank for now

- I need to finish sanding a few areas on my helmet and attach the resin printed ears and vent to it before painting

- And as always with 3D prints, I have a truckload of sanding to do

Thank you for reading through such a long post, any comments, thoughts, advice would be very much appreciated

Re: Atiniir Tor's Post Imperial WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2022, 01:20 PM »
I love what you have so far. 

Are you going to make the left half of the chestplate a different color too?
I haven't seen any Din chestplates painted like this and now I want to.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2022, 11:17 AM »
Are you going to make the left half of the chestplate a different color too?

The left half is going to be the base color of my armor. Here's an updated color scheme. The base color of my armor plates isn't that accurate to the actual paint color

The colors I'm going to use are Montana Gold Lavender and Sky Blue and Montana Effects Graphite

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2022, 10:29 PM »
So I reprinted the chest plate scaled down to get a better fit.  I think a one that is scaled only in width would be awkwardly tall and narrow. This new one feels so much better width wise and sits on my chest much much better but now I'm concerned it's way too short. I will be adding that short little ab plate of sorts but I feel like it will still be too short. The shirt I'm wearing is long on me so I've drawn a line at about my waist.

As always any feedback is much appreciated

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2022, 07:51 PM »
I think a size between the two sizes you’ve got is going to be the sweet spot for you. I’d say maybe 5-8% smaller than the larger one might be your best bet.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!