Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Bo Katan (Rebels) Proportion

• 2 Replies

carlyrae29

• Bo Katan Kryze - Rebels
Question - Bo Katan (Rebels) Proportion
« on: Aug 01, 2022, 12:42 PM »
I have a question about:

hello! im looking for general feedback for the proportions for my rebels bo katan armor. ive included an imgur link with the most up to date photos, a reference for a detail missing in the CRLs, and body a body scan taken in january and the 3d model being worked with.

- both my measurement-generated body model and body scan are 99% identical, just different poses and slightly different fat distribution that shouldnt affect porpotion too much (i also noticed the horrible posture in the scan, where my normal posture is closer to the generated body). my hair is also different than when the body scan was taken in january, so we are guesstimating where my hairline is on it for the headband

- knees may have to be printed a few times to perfect scale. i am a bit knock kneed and body scan didnt pick it up

-modelling is not complete yet, so some pieces may be missing/lack details. we also are juggling between the 3D armor and 2D reference. they dont 100% match each other, but the 3D armor is stretchy on bo katan's model when it's moving and animated, so we are trying to find a happy middle ground.

-while referencing, we noticed a small inset design on the thighs and the small center gap at the top of the thigh is also at the bottom. normally covered by holster. not in CRL, but in show, so details were added into model

-armor will be 3D printed, helmet not included because i was gifted a polyeurethane helmet that has been sent to be painted now

- holsters will be completed later, but the westar on the model is where they will be positioned and the holster will be modeled around the westar

any feedback is greatly appreciated! i am looking for feedback on scale/proportions so that we can adjust now and not waste filament :)

Firefly42

• Kar'a Kryze
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
Re: Question - Bo Katan (Rebels) Proportion
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2022, 09:15 PM »
I have a question about:

hello! im looking for general feedback for the proportions for my rebels bo katan armor. ive included an imgur link with the most up to date photos, a reference for a detail missing in the CRLs, and body a body scan taken in january and the 3d model being worked with.

- both my measurement-generated body model and body scan are 99% identical, just different poses and slightly different fat distribution that shouldnt affect porpotion too much (i also noticed the horrible posture in the scan, where my normal posture is closer to the generated body). my hair is also different than when the body scan was taken in january, so we are guesstimating where my hairline is on it for the headband

- knees may have to be printed a few times to perfect scale. i am a bit knock kneed and body scan didnt pick it up

-modelling is not complete yet, so some pieces may be missing/lack details. we also are juggling between the 3D armor and 2D reference. they dont 100% match each other, but the 3D armor is stretchy on bo katan's model when it's moving and animated, so we are trying to find a happy middle ground.

-while referencing, we noticed a small inset design on the thighs and the small center gap at the top of the thigh is also at the bottom. normally covered by holster. not in CRL, but in show, so details were added into model

-armor will be 3D printed, helmet not included because i was gifted a polyeurethane helmet that has been sent to be painted now

- holsters will be completed later, but the westar on the model is where they will be positioned and the holster will be modeled around the westar

any feedback is greatly appreciated! i am looking for feedback on scale/proportions so that we can adjust now and not waste filament :)

MMCC# 1676

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Question - Bo Katan (Rebels) Proportion
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2022, 10:01 PM »
Knees and shin plates look on the large side of things. Everything else looks to be within acceptable limits.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!