Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flak Vest - How Much Corset is Too Much?

• 2 Replies
Flak Vest - How Much Corset is Too Much?
« on: Aug 05, 2022, 04:44 PM »
Hey ya'll!

I took a break from Mando making for awhile, and am back with a new concept idea! However, I've acquired some pieces recently that will determine if I run with the concept or not.

The Scheme: Mostly black and antique brass colored assassin vibe (very angsty I know).

The Pieces in Question:
Belts (don't have pics of me in them yet)

This belt but in black leather

This but the straps are trimmed to me. I want to eventually make a vibrosword for my Mando

The Flak Vest:

I have this lovely bodice that I think looks great with black armor. I know were allowed lacing closures, but I haven't really seen any in traditional corset style like this. I adore this piece, and I'd like to incorporate it if possible!

Let me know what ya'll think, and any Ruus guidance is greatly appreciated! Trying to save costs where I can and reuse pieces I've already got is ideal. But I'm more than happy to find a vendor who is willing to deal with my oddly shaped proportions lol!

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Flak Vest - How Much Corset is Too Much?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2022, 01:19 PM »
I made my ex-wife's vest from a corset pattern so the idea is definitely allowable.  The lace closures could be a problem, being that they're in the front where the plates go, and you would also need to fill in the collar area, and the point at front bottom would have to be trimmed or folded up to stay tucked under the waist items as no part of the vest may project below waist items (like the girth/ammo belt or sash).  Belt and sword harness should be okay.

Re: Flak Vest - How Much Corset is Too Much?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2022, 06:48 PM »
I made my ex-wife's vest from a corset pattern so the idea is definitely allowable.  The lace closures could be a problem, being that they're in the front where the plates go, and you would also need to fill in the collar area, and the point at front bottom would have to be trimmed or folded up to stay tucked under the waist items as no part of the vest may project below waist items (like the girth/ammo belt or sash).  Belt and sword harness should be okay.

Thank you for letting me know! Front closure and length were my primary concerns, so I appreciate the confirmation!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!