Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I love surplus stores

• 4 Replies

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
I love surplus stores
« on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:16 PM »

I grabbed up a small bandoleer and a gas mask pouch for about five bucks at our local surplus store. Gonna dye 'em black to fit better with the gear.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Arden T`vor

• The Sound of Drums
Re: I love surplus stores
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Nice find, and for five bucks too.
Do you have something specific for them planned or was this an impulse buy?

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2010, 03:35 PM by Arden T`vor » Logged
"The drums, the drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat.  Open me you human fool, open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!" - The Master's Essence, held within a timepiece

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2010, 04:10 PM »
Nice dude!  Yeah, surplus stores (and thrift stores) are great for finding stuff you might have never thought of adding to your suit.  Just gotta have a keen eye for finding geeky uses for everyday items.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Do you have something specific for them planned or was this an impulse buy?

The ammo pouches were somewhat of an impulse, but you can never have enough ammo pouches. :D The gas mask pouch is going to be a hip bag I'll hold water bottles or other props in. I have huge cargo pockets on my pants, but it's uncomfortable when they're too full.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Nice find Chro!  ;D

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!