Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft parts WIP I

• 2 Replies

Manuel C.

• "Just a simple man doing simple man things.. "
Soft parts WIP I
« on: Sep 22, 2022, 08:50 AM »
Hi! Here is a compilation of every soft part I have so far. Any tips and criticism  are appreciated !

For the fligthsuit I'm going to use a white jumpsuit without pockets:

For the flak vest I have this one made out of canvas. I made the pattern but I needed help with the sewing. It has a zip in the back.

I made the girth belt out of polypropylene. The stitching is... improvable. The belt has a logo that needs to be removed.

heigth comparison between the girth be and the belt

Finally I want to use these boots. I have to remove the logo and attach the EC-17 holster to the rigth boot.

Thanks for your attention!

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Soft parts WIP I
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2022, 12:12 PM »
If this boots are all rubber, then they're not approvable. From the CRLs:

Boots:
Combat/utility boots are considered the primary accepted boot.
Boots must at least reach ankle height.
Boots must have a sturdy sole. Boba/TK-style boots are the exception.
Labels and brand names should be removed or permanently covered.
Shoelaces and eyelets on the front of the boot must be covered with armor or some sort of boot/ankle spat if on the front of the boot. Laces on back or sides are discouraged but are acceptable.
High heel/stiletto boots are not acceptable. Wedge and chunky style heels are acceptable. Maximum allowed height for heels is 3 or 7.5 cm.
Laces on gaiters and half-chaps are acceptable. If used, they cannot have front facing laces
Exposed zipper closures on boots are acceptable as long as they are located on the inside or back of the foot and match the color of the boot. Zippers that do not meet the above requirements must be completely hidden from view by armor plates, spats, wraps or an extension flap.
Elastic boot armor strapping is allowed if high quality elastic that is the same color as the boot is used. Elastic strapping on boot armor can only be used under the boot, not around the calf/ankle.
Straps and buckles on boots are acceptable as long as they appear in-universe.
Rain boots, specifically those made entirely of rubber, both sole and calf, are prohibited from use.

Everything else looks good, though I'm personally not a fan of back closures on vests.

Manuel C.

• "Just a simple man doing simple man things.. "
Re: Soft parts WIP I
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2022, 06:13 PM »
If this boots are all rubber, then they're not approvable. From the CRLs:

Everything else looks good, though I'm personally not a fan of back closures on vests.

yeahh they are work boots: made with pvc nitril, the interior lined with cloth and a metal tip. I guess they are not approvable.

Thanks anyways!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!