Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight suit question

• 3 Replies
Flight suit question
« on: Oct 02, 2022, 08:23 PM »
Was looking for some one piece flight suit ideas, as the athletic wear option are generally too small for me, has anyone made use of a rashguard or dive skin? Not a wetsuit, this is functionally just a lycra type one piece suit meant as a coverup/rub guard

Re: Flight suit question
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2022, 04:57 PM »
I have not, but looks like it could work for a base layer, as long as the fabric is solid color/color blocks and not a printed design. Not really a big issue, but all of your armor would probably need to be separate from the suit (no thigh or knee plates directly attached etc). No one would be able to say the suit needs to be more fitted, that's for sure.
 If fit is a concern, a two-piece option like scrubs or workwear separates may be easier to tailor to your specific body shape. 

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2022, 10:10 PM »
I had planned to suspend armor anyway :-).

My problem with two piece is the same reason I'm looking at the kama, my shape. I have trouble keep pants, even snug ones, up without suspenders. Even under my drysuit, I use thin suspender with my moisture wicking layer.

Lightweight suspenders might work, buy inthink I'm gonna get the skin cleaned up and try it 😀

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2022, 12:02 PM »
I wouldn't personally go with a one-piece flight suit, for 'comfort break' situations. My old Boba Fett costume, that I made back in the mid 90's, used a decorator's overalls. I soon found that I practically had to completely undress to use the toilet! :o
Have you considered using poppers (press studs) to secure the top to your pants/trousers?

"These are small, the ones out there are far away.........rangefinder to maximum magnification!"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!