Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cowboy Boots

• 16 Replies

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
  • "Have fun storming the caslte!"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Cowboy Boots
« on: Feb 04, 2010, 05:10 PM »
So,  I have taken a very Western/cowboy approach to my mando, I plan on doing the same with my second kit, I think the boots have the most to do with really projecting the western theme, in my case at least.

So, i started off with what I have been told are 'Campus' style boots. I fell in love with them right after i saw them, they are a little tight and i need someone to pull with all their might to get them off my feet, but I WILLED them to fit.

as an alternative, you can buy something like in this next picture, cut off those straps around the ankle and you come up with something almost exactly the same. these also might come in a variety of colors, so they are more customizable than just normal biker boots.

so I had my boots, but they just didnt scream 'Cowboy' like i wanted them too, so I added spurs, Boba has the sound effect of spurs, but here is the real thing  ;D

now i have my spurs, I was told  they still look a little plain, so I made myself some shin guards out of 3mm sentra. I bought vinyl instead of real leather to use for the straps and the buckles came from some old purses i found at Goodwill

And here we have the final product. I need to wait till I get a heatgun to reform the bottom of the shin armor, but after that, they should be done.

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2010, 10:18 PM by Bandolier » Logged
"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
Re: Cowboy Boots
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:45 PM »
I'm drooling right now.  Those are sick!  I'm already planning a western-style Mando for my next kit, complete with duster. 

Great job!

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:59 PM »
looks great!

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2010, 05:50 PM »
well... It was really pretty outside and I had the urge to spray paint something, so i got out my boots. I think i like how they turned out. not much i can do if i dont like them lol.

tell me what you think. oh, and i think I'll dirty up the spur straps.

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Nice!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Luvs me some spurs. I added a set to my motorcross boots I used for my kit.

And dusters  :P

I love the idea of cowboy boots as the base. I kinda wish I had thought to do that as I have a few pair I have modded for other costumes. Can not wait to see the rest of the kit.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2010, 11:19 PM »
Thanks Bedlam, I like the duster/spur combo, however. I am afraid to say, there can only be one mando with spurs... Looks like we are going to be in a fight to the death over who can be THE ONE.   *shrugs shoulders*  :P

Well my first kit uses the boots. it can be found here>> http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=17508.0

I am posting stuff when i update my second kit on the same thread, you can click here if you would like to see it.>>
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=17508.45

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2010, 11:43 PM »
Very nice!

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2010, 11:07 PM »
Luvs me some spurs. I added a set to my motorcross boots I used for my kit.

And dusters  :P

I love the idea of cowboy boots as the base. I kinda wish I had thought to do that as I have a few pair I have modded for other costumes. Can not wait to see the rest of the kit.

WOW Very Steam punkish!!!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2010, 11:28 PM »
I definitely like the look of them, but if they're that tight, keep in mind you're likely to be wearing them with another, what, fifteen, twenty-pounds worth of gear on, all told, while walking around at events and cons. Looking good is key, but having your feet fall off due to lack of circulation would be waynotcool :P.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Great minds think alike. I have been pondering doing a more western style with my kit as well.   8)
Good Job!

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2010, 03:28 PM »
newest pics of me in my kit with the boots.

pretty pretty boots  :P :P :P

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2010, 03:31 PM by Bandolier » Logged
"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2010, 03:36 PM »
while walking around at events and cons. Looking good is key, but having your feet fall off due to lack of circulation would be waynotcool :P.

i agree, but i can manage. maybe during the day i will change to slippers  ;D

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2010, 03:38 PM »
looks great

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2010, 04:47 PM »
i agree, but i can manage. maybe during the day i will change to slippers  ;D

Yus! Armored beskar slippers :D!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Renick

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Like the weathering of the boots.  They no longer look shiny and new in pics. 

"Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la"
"No one cares who your father is.... Only the father you'll be" 
Aliit ori'shya tal'din 
"Family is more than blood"

OM# 373
BM# 30
M.A.J.I.C #55

Tolman-Aaray Kyramud

• Do a barrel roll!
  • The Tolmanator
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:00 AM »
very nice mate, your doing splendid! I am going with a similar style, but I use Doc Martens Air-Wear Industrial Boots,

They were expensive as hell, but they were worth it.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:04 AM by Tolman » Logged

Aaray Kyramud

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!