Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New armor line coming soon - Preview (RKD)

• 116 Replies
Re: New armor line coming soon - Preview (RKD)
« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Hmm, definitely interested

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

Sarsk

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #26 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:46 PM »
OMJ that pistol is awesome. I want one. Or five.

Dresdon Rayne

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #27 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:56 PM »
are y'all planning on selling any of those Deece's? 

Aliit ori'shya tal'din. Family is more than Blood.

TK6189

« Reply #28 on: Feb 09, 2010, 02:42 AM »
Unfortunately Will's DC is a one of a kind piece and we will not be producing them for sale. Ive edited that post to reflect that.

TK6189's Prop Studio. tk6189sprops@gmail.com
See whats for sale right now here

redkraytdragon

• Disintigrations are likely...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #29 on: Feb 09, 2010, 05:54 AM »
We will be making both smooth and recessed versions of this armor!
Thanks again everyone for the feedback!

On a side note, I DO have some Aurra Sing pistols available but they are kind of pricey because of the nature of the cleanup of the pistols. They are very difficult and time consuming. PM for details if you are interested. Thanks again!

Jangojedi

• aka Kyr'Werda
« Reply #30 on: Feb 09, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Alex and I have discussed this topic about the armor looking "supertrooperish" and/or "droidish" and are looking at doing a variation of this same armor, but smooth. We realize that there are many different tastes and that some of you may like that armor without the recessed areas and some would like it the way it is now. Let us know what you all think. :)

I look forward to you finishing these parts, it will look good with Skygunbro MQ Fett bucket.  Which I do not want to look canon but more of an original design, hmmmm...maybe put some servos for some plate action with hidden weapons. ;)

501ST.70thEXPLORERS.MERCS.Firespray.Rebel Legion
« Reply #31 on: Feb 09, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Original designs are awesome, but in my opinion you need to stay within certain 'guidelines' (on any costume) to keep that certain look that makes it instantly or easily recognizable as the persona/character to be portrayed (in this case, Mandalorians). And your guy's armor looks awesome, but to me it's just a long and far shot off from the mandalorian ideal I personally hold. But, that's just me, and the real test of this suit would be getting a kit based on it finished, helmet and all, to see how it looks then.

Good work so far though!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

redkraytdragon

« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Original designs are awesome, but in my opinion you need to stay within certain 'guidelines' (on any costume) to keep that certain look that makes it instantly or easily recognizable as the persona/character to be portrayed (in this case, Mandalorians). And your guy's armor looks awesome, but to me it's just a long and far shot off from the mandalorian ideal I personally hold. But, that's just me, and the real test of this suit would be getting a kit based on it finished, helmet and all, to see how it looks then.

Good work so far though!

That's the great thing about the Mando culture. I think you could have any type of variation on the basic frontal armor and still fit within the look. To me the Mando armor is kind of reminiscent of a family crest unique to that clan or members within it. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

I agree with you on the real test being what it looks like when finished. I think Alex came up with a great idea of doing the first build on this armor so everyone can see the progress and end result of how it is coming together.

Thanks again for the comments :)

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010, 09:27 PM by redkraytdragon » Logged

redkraytdragon

« Reply #33 on: Feb 10, 2010, 05:09 AM »
I look forward to you finishing these parts, it will look good with Skygunbro MQ Fett bucket.  Which I do not want to look canon but more of an original design, hmmmm...maybe put some servos for some plate action with hidden weapons. ;)

Thanks Rick! Maybe one day we'll do a McQuarrie Fett?!!! :-O

Jangojedi

• aka Kyr'Werda
« Reply #34 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Cool beans! :D

« Reply #35 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:44 PM »

Skygunbro MQ Fett bucket?

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
« Reply #36 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:48 PM »

The MQ (Can never spell his name) Concept Boba Fett art.. Skygunbro is a helmet maker who makes a bucket based off of said art. These plates are slightly reminiscent of the concept art.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:58 PM »
The MQ (Can never spell his name) Concept Boba Fett art.. Skygunbro is a helmet maker who makes a bucket based off of said art. These plates are slightly reminiscent of the concept art.

Really now? Are they still in production?

« Reply #38 on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:25 AM »
I wouldn't know, you'd have to get a hold of SGB and check man. I just know he made one.

redkraytdragon

« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2010, 06:32 AM »
Yes, those are beautiful helmets. He did a really nice job on them. Now we just need some armor to go with it. :P

TK6189

« Reply #40 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Got the center ab plate cut out and the collar armor as well. Ill upload some pics of it later tonight. This should be together in a few weeks.

« Reply #41 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Hmm, fishing for thoughts here, would this cut go along well with the new M-DSB Assassin helmet? What do you guys think? Either way I'm really liking how this armor is shaping up *thumbs up* :D

TK6189

« Reply #42 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:44 PM »
I really dig how it looks too. I have to give credit where credit is due. Will did a smash up job on sketching this out. I can't wait to see it done (and wear it).

Jangojedi

• aka Kyr'Werda
« Reply #43 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:53 PM »

Skygunbro has built over 30 different buckets and molded over 60 different buckets for other builders over the last 10 years.

Here is a pic from another guy who bought one and painted it up.

Definitely looking forward to the pics on the belly, TK6189.

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010, 10:59 PM by Jangojedi » Logged
« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Nice vod, thanks for the info and pic

TK6189

« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2010, 02:23 AM »
Got an update for you guys! Heres Version 1 of this armor set! We'll post pics of V2 (which is smooth) later tonight once we get them all trimmed and sanded.

TK6189

« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2010, 03:08 AM »
And a picture of V2 is live

« Reply #47 on: Feb 13, 2010, 03:45 AM »
Is there going to be a back piece available for this set?

EDIT: Ah my bad, went back and saw RedKraytDragon's post, I just got a lot more interested in getting me a set lol looking forward to seeing how this ends up :D Good job vode, it looks amazing so far

« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2010, 03:49 AM by Marcus Ordo » Logged

redkraytdragon

« Reply #48 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:55 AM »
Thanks a lot Vod. It has been a lot of hard work and really long days but we are almost done. I just got the buck for the shoulder bell knocked tonight out and it looks TOUGH! I'm pretty happy with it. After we get the master pulled we will do a smooth and recessed variation of those and then post pics.

I am looking at Tuesday on getting started on the cod piece and that will be it (hopefully finish it on Tuesday as well...not looking forward to sculpting that one, gonna be a tough one and a lot of work). I don't know at this point if we are going to be doing a back plate yet or not...the reason being is that it seems to be a pretty common piece and readily available, not to mention the fact that the buck would be HUGE for the table. If there is not enough demand for that part, we probably won't be making it. We really want to move on to our next set of mando armor.

Right now we are looking at offering the following parts for this kit: Collar, left and right chest, diamond, 3 ab plates, shoulder bells, cod piece, hand plates, and GM knees.(your choice of recessed or smooth)  We have been test pulling a set for Alex in .060 and have determined that it is not thick enough ( he is still going to continue building his out of that thickness for the purpose of this thread and for making his suit). We will be pulling the armor in .093 for you all though. Right now we are trying to see about availability of getting the .093 in both black and white because we would like to be able to offer it in both colors.

That's about all the new updates we have for now. Like I mentioned before, as soon as we get the master plate pulled of the shoulder, we will get pics up so you can all see it. Thanks again for looking. :)

redkraytdragon

« Reply #49 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:57 AM »
Hmm, fishing for thoughts here, would this cut go along well with the new M-DSB Assassin helmet? What do you guys think? Either way I'm really liking how this armor is shaping up *thumbs up* :D

I was actually thinking the same thing the other day. I would love to see this finished armor with M-DSB's helmet on top! We'll just have to wait and see who does it first. :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!