Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

2pc alternative for a flightsuit

• 7 Replies

Uzar Ward

• FIRAXAN CLAN
2pc alternative for a flightsuit
« on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:21 AM »
I'm looking for an alternative to a flight suit (2pc if possible). Any ideas?

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: 2pc alternative for a flightsuit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:50 PM »
I use Dickies pants and a matching Dickies long sleeve shirt. I picked them both up at the thrift store for like $15.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2010, 08:53 AM »
If making yourself, you can find a cheap pattern for scrubs pants and a fleece type pullover top.  Its really easy to mod the pattern during a Muslin mock-up stage and figure out where things need to be taken in or added on.  then you use the muslin mock-up for the pattern for final fabric.  this is how I made the body suit for my Vader.  As long as you have belts and cod armor is should hide the separation between the top and bottom.

THE Mandalorian Executioner
Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Or do what I am doing until mine gets in.. Snag one of them fancy snap up hospital jumpsuits and dye it.. VOILA! XD

lonewolf has a pretty good idea. I've also heard and seen some members using dickies of matching colors, like tessone mentioned.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2010, 11:49 AM »
navy blue BDU's, longsleeve ;)

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

lonewolf1183

• THE Executioner
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2010, 12:12 PM »
navy blue BDU's, longsleeve ;)

I would just hack off the thigh pockets and jacket pockets so the BDU's aren't easily recognized as what they are. ;)

THE Mandalorian Executioner
Dum spiramus tuebimur
Member #299

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2010, 12:20 PM »
I would just hack off the thigh pockets and jacket pockets so the BDU's aren't easily recognized as what they are. ;)
you can't see them when your armored up, thighplates cover the leg pockets, and the upper chest is covered also, but because these are the non-tuck shirt style, they have lower shirt pockets as well as the top, those will come off, plus a little taper at the shins and forearms as BDUs tend to be bloused here.
i leave the others so i can go "civvie" very quickly.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2010, 09:50 PM »
I actually figure pretty much any proper shirt with pants that match would work for a two piece. While it's a lot harder for guys it seems (depending on the color, khaki, navy and blacks should be easy to find), I know I just did my two piece out of a normal collared dress shirt and some dress(ier) pants. With your vest and everything else on, it's not noticeable that's what they are, and it's a lot cheaper than Dickie's and BDU's at some places.

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar MendrosŤ

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!