Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bearded Helmet Question

• 4 Replies
Bearded Helmet Question
« on: Nov 22, 2022, 02:56 PM »
Evening all,
im looking to start making a personal suit, I have a long beard and was wondering if anyone has made a helmet that allows for a long beard to be shown and not just cut off like and unkept pubic region :D

Does anyone have any visual refferences or ideas on the best style of helmet to go for?
Im not adverse to a complete custome foam or 3d printed build so im just looking for some starter inspiration :)

TIA

Re: Bearded Helmet Question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2022, 09:38 PM »
That's a good question. I cut my beard down close for a wedding I went to because it hung below the helmet.

I think the only real answer would be to have the chin of the helmet be very long. Like, overlap the neck long. It would be a difficult build because you wouldn't be able to turn your head much. I wonder if one could make the helmet large enough that the head rotates within the helmet that is setting on the shouders of the armor...  Like a space suit. Have the visor go around a bit  futher than usual so you can see more of an arc.

Another option might be having your beard braided before helmeting up. That way it could be tied up and hide behind the helmet.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2022, 01:42 AM »
This is definitely a question you should put to the App team. I know that you can have long hair, including braids and ponytails,  peak out from below the helmet, but I'm not sure about a long beard. Push comes to shove, just tuck the beard under your neck seal.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2022, 09:17 AM »
Just curious. How big is this beard? Are we talking shaggy Celt beard or ZZ Top?

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2022, 10:25 AM »
Having exposed beard is fine.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!