Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kyr'am Jag's soft stuff

• 11 Replies

Kyr'am Jag

• I WANT TO BE THE FIRST MANDO PHOTOJOURNALIST!
Kyr'am Jag's soft stuff
« on: Feb 11, 2010, 02:30 AM »
ok im on my first build and have ordered most of my stuff and now im starting to get stuff in, i plan to show stuff and pics as i mod it i also plan to post stuff i want to get but am unsure as to whether or not these items are acceptable . i dont think making 2 or 3 threads for all the different stuff is necessary at this point and will post stuff like elbow pads,some possible gaunt material, and other things of that nature if this is not acceptable please let me know and will delete the thread im just trying to save bandwidth. now on to my questions , i dont want to use the standard girth belt for horses even though i have several from my horse tac, i found this item in the cheaper than dirt site and am wondering if it would be ok to use as long as i get the right color and add a few pouches,mods ,and so forth

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=MOLLE-390

i also just ordered a very interesting set of elbow/forearm guard that i wish to make my gaunts out of

http://www.amazon.com/Thor-Motocross-Quadrant-Elbow-Guards/dp/B001A5NFTC/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2QC7PBUSH4QHA&colid=3Q8WHE6CA9W8O

i will of course be doing some modification but i haven't seen anything like this on any costumes and they look very swarzy and like something a person who pretty much lives in his armor would wear. comments ,and the like good or bad are greatly appreciated as i want to make a nice set of armor that will get approved and people will think of as a nice set . i will be posting other pics of boots i have and other soft parts i have already tomorrow . thank you for your time and help

THE SWISS ARMY MANDALORIAN

Kyr'am Jag

Re: Kyr'am Jag's soft stuff
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:06 AM »
well im back already with some more stuff i have a pair of WWII us army gaiters that are a khaki color

ive seen at least one mando using these and they are accepted in the new regs but i still plan to do some work to them just to dress them up a bit not sure what but ill think of something
now i want to add some pouches to the belt i showed and im thinking of using drop pouches and the like such as this
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=MOLLE-601
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE341-1.html
as well as some other surplus mag pouches and the like im ordering some of these pouches later but if they are not really what i should have let me know as i am new to this and want this build to go smoothly thanks for your help

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:34 AM »
From what I can see, those pouches should work. You can generally get yugoslavian or mauser ammo pouches off of suzyssurplus on Ebay cheaper. I know that's what I was directed to. And they resemble the Fett pouches vaguely enough.

Where did ya find the leg bits? I could use a pair for my boots, but everywhere has them $20-$40

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Kyr'am Jag

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:51 AM »
got those a few years ago off ebay from the uk as WWII reanactors use them a lot but as we didnt have any battles here nobody really uses them but this should make your day http://www.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?c=2&k=gaiters&a=search
these guys have a ton of surplus for cheap and i get stuff from them all the time hope this helps ;D

Kyr'am Jag

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2010, 04:20 AM »
yup back again, insomnia is great,anywho i have a set of these already http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-swiss-mil-tanker-coveralls-alpenflage-camo.aspx?a=163112

now they are a weird color but i like em and the rest of my kit will be od green,foliage green,with rust colored plates,khaki gaiters,and black boots,now personally i think this would work ive kinda pictured it in my head and put some stuff next to each other and i like it, but the final say goes to the approval team and if any of you are looking in here your input would be great ,like i said i like the colors and think it would work in an eclectic venku kinda way,but i could be way off and is way off the regs so any thoughts post em ,i need help here people! ;D sad i know but it takes a village and all that

Kyr'am Jag

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:59 PM »
to whom it may concern, i went and got some old work boots of mine and a set of these swiss coveralls i showed in the last post here are pics of them both as no one has stormed in and made any noise over my choice of colors for my armor im going ahead with it as stated and i think its gonna be pretty cool,i didnt plan on anything strange or odd i planned to just put together a nice sturdy set of armor for my first build ,but folks this thing has become sentient and has a life of its own and im quite interested to see where it leads will have more stuff later next week

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2010, 11:17 AM »
HIgh 5 man!! Keep up the camo work.  My and another guy have been using different versions of tiger stripe for ours.
GJ

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2010, 05:22 PM »
Those coveralls look great. I like the variety of colours, and being an older camo print, it doesn't look too Earth-y.

I think those boots will work well, but they need a small amount of work to be passable. The shoelaces need to be covered with spats or armor plates, and any logos or lettering needs to be hidden, including the Harley Davidson plate on the heel. But they are really rugged and tough looking boots, and I like the buckle and other bits of metal.

Kyr'am Jag

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2010, 10:41 PM »
thanks i was wondering the reception the swiss camo would get but i just liked it too much to dismiss,  ;D

Those coveralls look great. I like the variety of colours, and being an older camo print, it doesn't look too Earth-y.

I think those boots will work well, but they need a small amount of work to be passable. The shoelaces need to be covered with spats or armor plates, and any logos or lettering needs to be hidden, including the Harley Davidson plate on the heel. But they are really rugged and tough looking boots, and I like the buckle and other bits of metal.

yeah gotta clean them up they've been in a closet for over a year gonna take off all the harley stuff and have a set of WWII gaiters im gonna dye and use as well as add some scrap sheet steel from work found some x-tra stainless roll steel gonna try and use it thanks for the input guys it's a big help

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:02 AM »
The gaiters probably cover the Harley logos on the ankles and the shoelaces, so all you would really need to do is get rid of the lettering on the little heel plates. I guess you could cover them with some of the scrap steel? That would look good.

Kyr'am Jag

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 04:09 PM »
ok its been a bit but got more stuff in my battle belt and duty belt are really dreat looking and went together very well i have some pouches comeing in and will post them as well i have everything ordered just waiting for it to come in heres a link to the belt and all as stuff comes in ill be able to put it together and show it off better     http://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab24/deadman_029/Kyram%20Jags%20armor%20and%20gaunts/

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 05:27 AM »
interesting choice of jumpsuit

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!