Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kione's Metal Armor

• 44 Replies

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Kione's Metal Armor
« Reply #30 on: Nov 12, 2010, 05:40 AM »
Very nice work, it's looking great!!

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2010, 06:14 AM »
Looks real.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
« Reply #32 on: Nov 12, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Looks real.

I definitely wanted it to look real instead of like a gun belt I just threw together for a costume.

« Reply #33 on: Nov 12, 2010, 09:07 AM »
If you have a recurring problem with the girth belt shifting, you can always put a little square of velcro on it and on the flightsuit where you want it to stay. Looking good though, the color choices are very nice.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #34 on: Nov 12, 2010, 10:17 AM »
Glad to see your still working on this, always liked your design sketch, it's very unique. Your attention to detail is amazing. Keep up the great work!

Arch

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 50 official invasions.
Re: Kaden's Metal Armor
« Reply #35 on: Nov 12, 2010, 06:06 PM »
And this was my first attempt at dishing. 

You're my hero. :)

Your armor is coming along beautifully! I really like the attention that you've given to the "little" things-- Your vest and accessories are stunning. Thanks for sharing the Butterick pattern numbers, too! I ended up patterning mine out myself, and because of that, I'll be revisiting it soon. ;)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #36 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:24 AM »
If you have a recurring problem with the girth belt shifting, you can always put a little square of velcro on it and on the flightsuit where you want it to stay. Looking good though, the color choices are very nice.

I'm seconding what Ca'tra said.  I have some velcro on the bottom of my armor vest, and the inside of my girth belt that keeps it from sliding down. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
« Reply #37 on: Jan 30, 2011, 08:49 PM »
I've still been slowly but surely working on my armor.  We've been scratchbuilding our helmets using Jaiden Turr'n Verda's Home Depot Bucket Tutorial.  The dome is a used batting helmet and the cheeks are For Rent signs.  We still have to put in the lower cheek pieces and we're planning to fiberglass the inside.

Ca'tra and Novall:  Thanks for the advice about the velcro.  I'll have to try that.

Arch and seugtai:  Thanks for the compliments!

Galen Skirata

• Vode An
« Reply #38 on: Jan 30, 2011, 09:04 PM »
this is totally amazing

Galen Marith-Skirata

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #39 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:37 PM »
You kit is amazing!!! all the differnet components come together great, i'm excited to see your scratch build helmet finished.

The metal work is AMAZING!!!!!

virusq

• Dha Ka'ra
« Reply #40 on: Feb 15, 2011, 03:45 PM »
This looks like it may be a bit of an older thread but I just wanted to say, uh... "VORNSKR! <3 <3 <3"

Ahem.

Any idea as to how you're going to put the vornsrk on your chestplate?  I'd really like to do  the same, but I'm finding very little reference art to work with.

Zul Veyrde

• "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy" -FSF
« Reply #41 on: Jun 23, 2011, 04:42 PM »
[picking up my jaw...]

Ori'kandosii burc'ya!!

I def am impressed with the way your kit's looking. Oh BTW I posted a new thread for us DE peeps.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=39458.0

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #42 on: Nov 30, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Double NECROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Tell me you guys have updates...  :P

Hope you guys are ok...

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."-George Bernard Shaw
Zul Veyrde's WIP thread: GONE METAL! RE-RESURREKTION!!!! (update) *MAJIC#037-M.A.#012-24er-The Elegant Mando Tea Society#038-K.O.M.S.#011-ALUMINATI Metal Armour Society#018-M.A.C.K. Daddy#009-S.O.S.#021-L.O.B.#019-M.A.D.#074-O.O.P.S.#051-\m/M.M.R.S.#029\m/-Grey Brigade Over 40#10

Karvas Dral

• Poodoo.
« Reply #43 on: Nov 30, 2012, 04:18 PM »
OP hasn't been online in over a year, check before you necro man.

Zul Veyrde

« Reply #44 on: Nov 30, 2012, 04:20 PM »
OP hasn't been online in over a year, check before you necro man.

Appreciate it, man. I keep in touch with her in other ways as well. I just posted in case she did jump on.

Thanks again.

-ZUL THE PIECEMEAL-

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!