Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Raysc Sho’sen Live Action DW—maybe?

• 123 Replies

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
Re: Raysc Sho’sen Live Action DW—maybe?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2023, 12:51 PM »
Yeah that is correct. You want the balls more hidden. Should be in the 1.5-2cm depth I think based of the photos.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #26 on: Feb 27, 2023, 01:03 PM »
Yeah that is correct. You want the balls more hidden. Should be in the 1.5-2cm depth I think based of the photos.
Ok thank you.

« Reply #27 on: Feb 27, 2023, 02:20 PM »
Removed some material. Afraid if I go to far the fan greebles will hit body. May have to grind some of the side off.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #28 on: Feb 27, 2023, 02:32 PM »
MUCH closer!

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #29 on: Feb 27, 2023, 02:48 PM »
MUCH closer!
Thanks. I will keep at it and when fans arrive I will post pics. Thanks. Also have a new flight suit coming. Hoping everything else is in wip is on track.

« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2023, 07:22 PM »
Added two stripes.

Also painted carbine

« Reply #31 on: Mar 15, 2023, 03:38 PM »
Weathered stripes and U

« Reply #32 on: Mar 15, 2023, 03:41 PM »
Flight suit. Pics taken in morning with sun up but in shade

Picture taken at noon. Clear sky

Have not weathered. Need to know if color is ok or to dye to get the purple hue or is it ok as is?

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #33 on: Mar 15, 2023, 06:50 PM »
Good progress!

The weathering on the chest and knees may be a bit more than what we have seen - might try to lighten that up a hair.

on the flight suit - dont forget to add a little PURPLE weathering - where did you get yours?

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #34 on: Mar 15, 2023, 07:15 PM »
Good progress!

The weathering on the chest and knees may be a bit more than what we have seen - might try to lighten that up a hair.

on the flight suit - dont forget to add a little PURPLE weathering - where did you get yours?
Thanks!! I can lessen the weathering on the knees and chest. Looking at the pictures, especially the knees I was like…yikes. As for flightsuit GWABO. Is there a purple dye, fabric spray paint that others have used? Thanks!!

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #35 on: Mar 16, 2023, 09:35 AM »
I would recommend either airbrushing some purple otherwise you can do a wet on wet application. Wet down the fabric a little, then dilute some purple in water - put it in a squirt bottle and spray lightly. When dry you should see some light purple hues come out

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #36 on: Mar 16, 2023, 09:59 AM »
I would recommend either airbrushing some purple otherwise you can do a wet on wet application. Wet down the fabric a little, then dilute some purple in water - put it in a squirt bottle and spray lightly. When dry you should see some light purple hues come out
Sounds great!! Thank you for the tip!!

« Reply #37 on: Mar 17, 2023, 08:19 PM »
Here is a fabric paint I am trying. Testing on an extra neck seal.  Tried to get pics ti show area dyed and not dyed.

« Reply #38 on: Mar 18, 2023, 12:20 AM »
I am also curious how my thigh plates look size wise.

Geila Alo

• Awards Clan Growth
« Reply #39 on: Mar 18, 2023, 02:36 AM »
Raquel mentioned the left thigh earlier. I also think it should be a bigger size.

Great job so far!

« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2023, 03:54 AM by Geila Alo » Logged
« Reply #40 on: Mar 18, 2023, 09:14 AM »
Raquel mentioned the left thigh earlier. I also think it should be a bigger size.

Great job so far!
Thanks!! I will get a larger plate. How does the color look on neck seal? Continue with that shade? It seems a little to purple but I am not sure.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #41 on: Mar 18, 2023, 09:15 AM »
I think the purple is a little heavy, but that can be washed out. Go about half as much for the next try and you'll.havr it nailed.

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #42 on: Mar 18, 2023, 09:44 AM »
I think the purple is a little heavy, but that can be washed out. Go about half as much for the next try and you'll.havr it nailed.
[/quote/]
Ok will do!! Thanks!! I appreciate your help.

« Reply #43 on: Mar 18, 2023, 05:44 PM »
The jet pack is wrong and will not be used but I wanted to wear it to get a feel overall. The butt plate is new and 12 inches in length as prior photos in wip show. Also in process of making larger left thigh. Was able to use some purple fabric paint as shown in prior wip pics. Did a quick dye and dry. Also “action” pics to show movement. I think the butt plate is right size. I feel the misaligned jet pack and jetpack being to small throw off the rear pics view.
I also tried to reduce weathering on knees.
Any feedback is requested.

« Reply #44 on: Mar 19, 2023, 01:00 AM »
After viewing  pictures is prior post I sprayed another round of dye.

Geila Alo

• Awards Clan Growth
« Reply #45 on: Mar 19, 2023, 05:50 AM »
I think the Butt plate is closer to the size seen in references now .

Vi'per

• I can thrive in the chaos that is to come
  • Awards Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber 267th Rapid Assault Special Operations Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Brigades
« Reply #46 on: Mar 19, 2023, 06:36 AM »

It looks good in general, difficult to scale correctly all the sizes of the pieces, it's a pity that the jetpack looks a bit small too, although I don't know if this will be an impediment for this WIP

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2023, 07:09 AM by Vi'per » Logged

WIP AS1 Supercommando Action Gear V1
https://www.facebook.com/groups/742334926578112
« Reply #47 on: Mar 19, 2023, 12:27 PM »
I hope so. It measures 12.25 inches overall. Not much more room. Guess my butt is bigger than I thought lol. Thanks!!

« Reply #48 on: Mar 19, 2023, 12:30 PM »
It looks good in general, difficult to scale correctly all the sizes of the pieces, it's a pity that the jetpack looks a bit small too, although I don't know if this will be an impediment for this WIP
Yes the jetpack is not the right one. I cannot physically move the thruster balls to where they need to be without ruining the pack. I have the proper pack on order. I can always use this one somewhere. I also have larger thigh plates being made. Dyeing the flightsuit is my burden at the moment. Thanks!!!

Vi'per

• I can thrive in the chaos that is to come
  • Awards Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber 267th Rapid Assault Special Operations Brigade Member TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Brigades
« Reply #49 on: Mar 19, 2023, 03:10 PM »
Yes the jetpack is not the right one. I cannot physically move the thruster balls to where they need to be without ruining the pack. I have the proper pack on order. I can always use this one somewhere. I also have larger thigh plates being made. Dyeing the flightsuit is my burden at the moment. Thanks!!!

Sure jetpack can be used for a custom design lol ,nobody match all parts at first try so your updates will be good for sure
good luck

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2023, 03:30 PM by Vi'per » Logged

WIP AS1 Supercommando Action Gear V1
https://www.facebook.com/groups/742334926578112

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!