Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Making a vest without sewing (WIP)

• 68 Replies

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Making a vest without sewing (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: Mar 30, 2010, 07:19 AM »
It fits well on you.  Good job on that!  And my wife and I agree, if you got a haircut, you'd look like Pre Viszla.

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #31 on: Mar 30, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Thanks! I've been debating the haircut. I think I'll do a poll on here as to wether I get one or not...  ;) I have an old duct tape mando helmet that I was using for a temperature test and it was roasting...  ;D

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #32 on: Mar 30, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Fans.  You'll need fans.  Just ask my wife (3 foot long braid hanging out the back of her bucket)

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #33 on: Apr 25, 2010, 04:36 PM »
My vest came out came out kind of crooked in the front, and the shoulders flare out really bad, but I'm doing some more editing on this and getting ready to put in some eye-lets. I'm hoping once the armor is on, you won't be able to tell how crooked the front is.

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #34 on: Apr 26, 2010, 02:35 AM »
sorry about that. This tutorial isn't perfect, meant to be simple and easy.

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #35 on: Apr 26, 2010, 09:57 PM »
to speed things up on my end i am stealing your idea vod

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Cool. Just remember that adjustments will definitely need to be made as you go along and if you are sewing you could probably cut the hole for the neck and head smaller and attach the top shoulder seem with velcro. You can always cut down, you can't bring fabric back, I know this sounds obvious but I feel that i should warn to go slowly. Thanks
-Calidus

manakari

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 04:02 PM »
I used this tutorial and I am very pleased with how my vest turned out. It fits very nicely.

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 04:26 PM »
I used this tutorial and I am very pleased with how my vest turned out. It fits very nicely.
Awesome! this tutorial is very simple, and with its simplicity it may not always turn out good. I am excited to hear it worked for you ;D

« Reply #39 on: Oct 08, 2010, 08:06 AM »
looks great. I'm going to give it a try w/ mine this weekend.

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #40 on: Oct 08, 2010, 02:31 PM »
looks great. I'm going to give it a try w/ mine this weekend.
cool, just remember to not cut the neck hole to big and possibly making an attachment segment on one of the shoulders so you can get your head through. The one design flaw that I made here is the neck hole being to big.

« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:17 AM »
This is a great thing it solves my problem, and I,am going to start today thanks great work

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #42 on: Jan 20, 2011, 01:14 PM »
This is a great thing it solves my problem, and I,am going to start today thanks great work
NP, just make the neck hole small, I made mine to wide and it is causing problems. Another merc made a velcro attachment on top of the shoulder to allow the head to fit through.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #43 on: Jun 08, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Holy crap I'm behind on my reading ......  ???
 This should be Stickied ..... IMO ..... Which don't mean much ......  :rolleyes:

Good job ner'vod  . Most impressive ....  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

jabger

• my flag!
« Reply #44 on: Jun 10, 2012, 05:11 PM »
hahaha i was surprised when i saw a new comment on this one. it's been quite some time. but the idea's a very good so it's good it resurfaces.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!