Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Veeds Late Crusader build. Slow and steady wins the race??

• 32 Replies

Veeds

• Goren Vex
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
I have procrastinated long enough on this build. I think I have a idea of what I want it to end up as, but this will be a fluid build. I have already been inspired by a few of the builds here. I bought a NME Neo Guard bucket right after they released. Time to dust it off.

Veeds

• Goren Vex
Re: Veeds Late Crusader build. Slow and steady wins the race??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2023, 08:11 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/bGD0lOp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0o3yuGE.jpg

I’ve started on the armor belt.

https://i.imgur.com/Vb6wE1m.jpg

I like the way the shoulder straps came out.

https://i.imgur.com/TRRyMCs.jpg

The beginning of the chest armor. I think I’ll have to remove the curves on the bottom. I’m going to build this up.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2023, 03:37 PM »

I’ve started on the armor belt.

I like the way the shoulder straps came out.

The beginning of the chest armor. I think I’ll have to remove the curves on the bottom. I’m going to build this up.

Three dimensional, layering up sintra?

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 84
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2023, 05:20 PM »
Yeah, I am playing around with different ways to give it depth and mass without adding too much weight.

Ruug'la Carud

• kyr'am ra kote
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions Family events Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2023, 05:41 AM »
everything looks great, love all the layers to the pieces. looking forward to seeing this come together.

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2023, 04:06 PM »

Karl Dha'Werda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Donated four quarters of 2023. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Nice!  I ended up using drill bit cases for my swtor Jedi.  These look great!

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2023, 08:27 PM »

I like the way my shoulder bells came out

I think I may trash the upper armor and start new. I just lost the feel for were it was heading. I do like the way this looks though. I may use it as inspiration.

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2023, 08:23 AM by Veeds » Logged

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:43 AM »

Would something like these be approve-able, I was looking on etsy for backplate ideas and ran across these?

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:55 AM »

Would something like these be approve-able, I was looking on etsy for backplate ideas and ran across these?

It does fit the 3D armor styling, but I believe the center diamond can't be there on Late Crusader kits, there can be an outline as seen in reference images but that diamond is only seen in modern kits. 

Also this style looks too much like modern plates sewn together into one piece with the two chest plates and an ab plate.  Collar plate should work.  Look at Fitz LC kit for an example.

I would heavily reference the Late Crusader reference images for your build and examples of what LC kits look like.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:57 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. As I looked more at the chest piece I came to the same conclusion. Too modern, but I like the idea of a hard collar piece.

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:59 AM »
Edited my post above to show a reference image and more verbiage.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2023, 09:07 AM »
With the help from a few people on FB I was able to completely redesign my chest piece and I am taking it a new direction.

Here is the third or fourth set of templets I made up. I was unable to find a good reference of them online. Hopefully this will inspire more people to torment themselves with one of these builds. LOL

Everything lined up nicely and there is enough extra material included to allow fine tuning to my body.

The gauntlets come next, I went old school and used toilet brush holders for the base. I love to incorporate found pieces into my builds. I will need to add some reinforcing to the yellow pieces, it is fragile as is.

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2023, 08:57 AM »
I made this a few years ago, Would it be acceptable in this era?

I have started building the jet pack, the base is finished now for the fun part... Greeblies

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2023, 10:20 AM »
I made this a few years ago, Would it be acceptable in this era?

Best to find a reference image from that time period when creating weapons or blasters for your kit. 

This blaster looks very close to Din's blaster which would be post imperial (PI) era.

I suggest uses a differ blaster for your LC kit.  Here are some options from SWTOR.  If you find a blaster referenced that is super close to your blaster than use that reference here in your WIP so the AP team can see it.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2023, 09:19 AM »
I have got the jetpack to a comfortable place. I will have to dig through my Greeblie bucket and see what I come across. The devil is in the details and I want a lot of small details on this.

I made this blaster rifle many years ago and it feels like it matches the whole animated feel for SWTOR.

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2023, 01:26 PM »
Looks great!  I can see the same level of detail that Bernie has in his LC kit.  Looking forward to your continued progress.

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2023, 11:28 PM by Karl Dha'Werda » Logged
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2023, 03:22 PM »
Is a form filled under suit required for this style, or can I use a coverall?

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2023, 04:50 PM »
Is a form filled under suit required for this style, or can I use a coverall?

Coveralls, as ina flightsuit with sleeves?  That would be fine, I have a flightsuit for my LC kit. 

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2023, 08:21 AM »
I have made a bit of progress in the past couple weeks.

Here are the base biceps and cod piece. I will still be adding details and Greeblies.

My knee armor was a test of skills but I have come up with a technique to help get the complex angles and sharp lines easier. More definition and greeblies are to come.

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2023, 10:07 AM »
Here is an update on the progress. I have the majority of the armor roughly fabricated, and have entered the detail phase. So many details...

The gauntlets are progressing beautifully.

Belt boxes and hard belt are almost there.

Thighs and knees are spot on.

Jet pack!! ooo lala

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2023, 10:55 AM »
Sweet!  You've got some serious talent Vod.  Love the updates.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #22 on: Apr 17, 2023, 09:06 AM »
I finally got the chance to do some shaping to the chest armor and found a suitable solution for the back plate. I will be modifying the back plate a bit to fit what I need.

Karl Dha'Werda

« Reply #23 on: Apr 17, 2023, 09:45 AM »

Chest plate looks great!

I finally got the chance to do some shaping to the chest armor and found a suitable solution for the back plate. I will be modifying the back plate a bit to fit what I need.

Looks like DHPFX abs back plate. I have this one myself as well on my modern kit when I wear my jetpack.  You'll need to modify it to look like referenced back plates in the crusader era, as it stands it only will work in the Modern Era as a Jango/Boba style.  Should work well for attaching your back apparatus to and a great base to trim into a crusader back plate.

Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit

Veeds

• Goren Vex
« Reply #24 on: Apr 17, 2023, 04:29 PM »
I have not found any clear reference pictures of a Mercenary Elite back plate from the game. All the pictures I see have a jetpack attached.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!