Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Welding shoe covers?

• 2 Replies

EricL

• Rhasvuul Zeg
Welding shoe covers?
« on: Jan 27, 2023, 11:47 AM »
Hey gang!

I was browsing around for gaiters ideas to mount shnees and cover boot laces, as one does on Friday mornings. I found these welding boot covers for crazy cheap, and I wonder if anyone has tried this kinda thing? Looks like it could be easily cut around the bottom for showing off toe armor, secures with Velcro that could probably be modified if necessary, and could maybe take dye and stuff.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Welding shoe covers?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2023, 11:59 AM »
They don't show the velcro side (but list it is there). If it is the same as other examples you'd have to do some work covering it.

There were some others that had a flap covering the velcro; not as cheap but less work.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Welding shoe covers?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2023, 11:07 AM »
I concur.  Just cover the velcro somehow and they'll be good to go.  I've worked with the same kind of leather before and it definitely takes dye, but the color may not come out quite right unless you're trying to go black.  It also weathers really nicely.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!