Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

first foray into faux leather

• 2 Replies
first foray into faux leather
« on: Feb 16, 2023, 07:36 AM »
Made my first attempt at some leather accessories for my belt/bandolier/biceps, wherever I end up putting stuff.

It's a fair mess on the back, and a bit squint on the front, but I scratched and scorched it up for weathering and I'm pretty happy with it, especially for my first attempt. Is it usable?

Not sure what the metal parts are exactly, but they're a good greeblie size, and I'll print a computer looking cap for the larger grey piece.

Hoping to have quite a lot of useable pockets for my belt, and most importantly a bandolier satchel Chewbacca style so I can carry some water and maybe a few small store purchases on my travels.

Scottish Filmmaker and Propmaker

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: first foray into faux leather
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2023, 11:11 AM »
You did REALLY good for a first attempt. It's definitely usable.

Re: first foray into faux leather
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2023, 11:53 AM »
Neat. I do a lot of real leather work and I'd be proud to turn that out. As for what the greebles are, just stare baelfully and say in a low voice, "thats for me to know and you to find out."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!