Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo-Katan, Axe Woves black colour in UK

• 4 Replies
Bo-Katan, Axe Woves black colour in UK
« on: Mar 04, 2023, 09:28 PM »
I've decided I'd like my base armour colour to be the same blueish black seen on Bo-Katan and Axe Woves armour as seen in The Mandalorian season 2.

I'm hoping someone in the UK knows a good source for this black? I definitely don't think it's just a jet black, and want to make sure I get my other blue and green colours from the same brand, since there's apparently more risk for errors in paint if crossing brands.

Cheers gang, close to starting paint on my pieces!

Scottish Filmmaker and Propmaker

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Bo-Katan, Axe Woves black colour in UK
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2023, 04:41 AM »
hi manny, that looks like more of a weathered gun metal grey than a strait black. maybe someone else could chime in.

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2023, 07:58 AM »
Have you reached out to your local clan?

They would be in the best position to help you find something in the UK that you can use to get that look.

Looks like you would fall into Vok'chi Clan .  They should  be able to guide you in the right direction.  Good luck on your build!

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons [url=https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2023, 08:47 AM »
Thanks Jett, I figured it was just a lot of weathering on black, but a gun metal would explain the slight blue tint.

I have been posting lots with Vok'Chi Vercopaanir, but thought a worldwide search might pay off if there was a universal brand I could find.

Scottish Filmmaker and Propmaker

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2023, 10:41 AM »
You might want to check out this video by Vaultfox:

Among other things, she goes over how she got the colors for her Bo Katana build.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!