Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jerrik's armor UPDATED 12/29/09 (Page 4)

• 56 Replies

Skan Mir'sheb

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
Re: Scragg's armor UPDATED 10/22/09 (Page 3)
« Reply #45 on: Oct 23, 2009, 12:11 AM »
About half of my armor so far. Tape off and not weathered yet.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lifeburn

• This is the time to attack!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #46 on: Oct 23, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Very nice! Glad to see some different colors than red and black (no offense to the red and black mandos). When you do the weathering it should turn out looking awesome.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: Oct 23, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Looks great, old school X-Men Mando!

Ori Cabur

• Krayt Clan for LIFE
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #48 on: Oct 27, 2009, 10:08 AM »
I think this is turning out awesome.

Looks great, old school X-Men Mando!

Very nice. I was just going to say the old school X-men bit.

MMCC: #0310 Vode Of The Skull: #29
O.R.B./327th Elite #024 Elegant Mando's Tea Society: #116

Skan Mir'sheb

Re: Jerrik's armor UPDATED 10/22/09 (Page 3)
« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Though I will only be able to slowly work on my armor over the next two years (I'll be away at military training) I revamped my armor design because I just wasn't too happy with how it looks. So I went back to the drawing board, aswell as MS Paint, and came up with this. He's a technician that focuses primarily on electrical systems of any kind. Be it datapads, ship systems, house wiring, or any kind of circuit he can fix it. He can also do some auto repairs but isn't very good and usually refers customers to a friend for that. He's a part time gladiator in a local arena (kind of Taris style arena from KOTOR 1, but with more complex arena setups) and that's how he keeps his combat skills up. His colors might be a little bright or busy but it helps people recognize him on the streets, being one of the top gladiators (not the best mind you! but up there none the less haha). I'll probly drop one of the thigh pouches and have two hydro spanners strapped to that leg. I'll probly drop the back holsters or move them up onto the lower back straps. I don't know whether I'll have the tactical suspenders go over or under the back plate, I can't find anyone with back pictures that has suspenders, so opinions please! It's basically still my old design, just altered. Let me know what you guys think! :)

The rangefinder is a bit different obviously. It's a small screen that allows him to see electrical currents such as like in AvP or the Splinter Cell series.

I can't remember who posted the template for people to use on here but thank you! Though I can't remember your name, I give credit for the basic template I used to you. This is the template if anyone else needs the artistic help as I did since I'm horrible at drawing bodies proportionate!

The white skeletal design is a Krayt dragon, for those that didn't see my original plans :).

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2009, 09:00 PM by Jerrik Atiniir » Logged
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Ori Cabur

• Krayt Clan for LIFE
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Jerrik's armor UPDATED 12/29/09 (Page 4)
« Reply #50 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I'm diggin the new design.

Skudt

• Profile image is property of Brian Matyas
« Reply #51 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Keep the colors the way they are IMO. The mandalorian out in the open can be just as deadly as the one you never saw coming!

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

Skan Mir'sheb

« Reply #52 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:33 PM »
The mandalorian out in the open can be just as deadly as the one you never saw coming!

I was thinking the same thing! Thanks for the comments guys. I'm going to stick with the brighter colors since he's not a mercenary/bounty hunter, but won't be shiny. Ha ha, they really do look like the old school x-men colors, I like it! Maybe I should put this on my chest diamond ;).

kallic

• Bullets. need i say more.
« Reply #53 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:14 PM »
OMG ur an x-man, ! but seriously that spike down the back is F'ing sick, may i borrow that, not saying ima use it, just asking incase i want to

Skan Mir'sheb

« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2010, 05:00 AM »
Haha thank you. Go for it, I hold no copyrights :). Ha ha my friend Rolik gave me the idea to make a detachable leather X-men logo that looks like the one above to stick on my chest just for goofing around :D.

Tal Vhett

• I wanna be you when I grow up.
« Reply #55 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:59 PM »
Jerrik,

I gotta say, I like the new color scheme. I'm just not a fan of the super bright colors. Personal preference, I know. I really like the more subtle look.

I wanna be you when I grow up.
Brand32 - Utah Web Design

Ori Cabur

• Krayt Clan for LIFE
« Reply #56 on: Mar 02, 2010, 06:54 AM »
Hurry up and get home so you can get some progress done  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!