Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Is Simona the same as Sintra?

• 4 Replies
Is Simona the same as Sintra?
« on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I ordered some PVC sheeting http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=33730 and was hoping it was the same as sintra.  I received it today and it seems a little flimsy, maybe that is because it is a large sheet of it.  Has anyone else had any experience with this and is it the same as sintra?  I got .120" thick which is just a tad thicker than 3 mm.  Before I put too much time making armor out of this I would like to know if anyone else has used it.    I do have other uses for it besides armor if it is not suitable.  As you can tell I am new to the whole armor thing so take it easy on me.   ;D

Arketh

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Is Simona the same as Sintra?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Should be the same stuff. Expanded foam PVC sheet.

It does have a surprising amount of flex to it, but once it's cut down and formed, it's a lot more solid.

"You know, that's not a good idea. Let me get my camera."
Late Era Costume in progress:
My Armor Thread
My Helmet Thread
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2010, 07:50 PM »
Thanks, I was afraid I ordered the wrong stuff.  The price was pretty decent too and shipping was only $9.

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2010, 11:53 PM »
Yes, I can guarantee to you Rhyen, that simona is indeed the same stuff. I just got my hands on a sheet of that, too, and it's the exact same stuff.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2010, 12:22 AM »
I feel so much better now.  I don't know why I was worried about it being the wrong stuff.  No matter what I would have used it for something anyway. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!